babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: The best Range Rover ever...discuss...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Myself and a friend have both previously owned a 2007 FFRR and at the time, constantly expressed a view that it was the best car in the world. We were talking about the Evoque last night and I said that whilst clearly it can't match the FFRR, it is a great great car. My friend asked me to compare the two, here is what I came up with...

1. The interior of the RRE is just as comfortable as the FFRR and the materials and fit are just as good
2. The ride quality of the RRE is just as good as the FFRR
3. The RRE handles much better than the FFRR and the steering is much more direct
4. The RRE has less room in the back for passengers, but plenty enough room for very tall adults to sit comfortably, and with the glass roof, it feels just as big
5. The RRE is more frugal and cheaper to run
6. The RRE can get into car parks that the FFRR can't; whist the FFRR can tackle some extrem offroad situations that the RRE may not be able to
7. The RRE is better looking than the FFRR
8. The FFRR has better load capacity

So, after all this, my friend observed that my comments make the RRE sound like a better car than an FFRR, can this really be? Is the RRE now the best car in the world?? For a maximum of £50k???

Doesn't feel right because I really do love the FFRR...but then again, I could have bought a new one and didn't!
There's no such thing as the best car. It depends what you personally value most.
For me the RRE is much more suited than the FFRR though, no doubt about that. I'm not 50 years old, I don't have dogs nor boats to tow and I don't do extreme offroading. So nothing but advantages on the RRE.
Some people tow dogs????
Paulus - you can buy dog trailers...

"best" at what? I think the idea that any car is the best in world means nothing without specifying "at what"
(12-11-2011 05:35pm)oop north Wrote: [ -> ]Paulus - you can buy dog trailers...

Really, well b****r me, and here was I thinking that I'd posted a light hearted comment.
I would much rather have an Evoque than a Big Range Rover, for a start couldn't afford one that was newer than about 6 years old & I just think they are too bulky dated looking now & wouldn't want one even if I had won the lottery. I have valeted several & I did a 10 reg Vogue last week at home & my 19 year old son popped by while I was doing it & he said lovely motor wouldn't you rather one of these to the Evoque. It took me 0.005 of a second to say no!
Evoque blows the big one away with just it's looks.
I do think the rear seat experience in the coupe is not the best though. I passed a white coupe today and the rear seat passenger did not look as if she was having the time of her life. "Miserable as Sin" is perhaps the more apt description.
Oh well I bet they were miserable as sin at the fact they were in the back of an evoque, couldn't possibly be for any other reason
Rolling Eyes
Maybe she was still waiting for her own evoque to be delivered!
Reference URL's