babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is Firenze Red a Metallic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Looking to order an Evoque very soon, and have a build quoted.

However, looking at the quote I have noticed that there is an additional cost to the car's colour (Firenze Red @ 940 EUR).

This is what I have listed:

Premium Metallic Paint ilo solid @ 1,600 EUR.

Tried to look up on this forum and others whether this is normal, but it seems like no one else has had this option added to a Firenze Red. I assumed that the Firenze Red was a metallic paint.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
(11-11-2011 12:15am)djschembri Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Looking to order an Evoque very soon, and have a build quoted.

However, looking at the quote I have noticed that there is an additional cost to the car's colour (Firenze Red @ 940 EUR).

This is what I have listed:

Premium Metallic Paint ilo solid @ 1,600 EUR.

Tried to look up on this forum and others whether this is normal, but it seems like no one else has had this option added to a Firenze Red. I assumed that the Firenze Red was a metallic paint.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Yes, standard metallic not premium.
It's one of the few original metallics that were offered that is still available due to the shutdown of the Japanese plant that made the metallic flakes. I wonder what happens if they don't manage to get that plant up and running again. Will Firenze red disappear?
(11-11-2011 12:19am)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, standard metallic not premium.

I was told that to get the Firenze Red I must pay for the premium metallic paint + firenze red, i.e. 1,600 + 940 EUR. The standard metallic paint is not an option it seems. Is this normal?

Thanks
(11-11-2011 12:24am)djschembri Wrote: [ -> ]I was told that to get the Firenze Red I must pay for the premium metallic paint + firenze red, i.e. 1,600 + 940 EUR. The standard metallic paint is not an option it seems. Is this normal?

Thanks

seems like a rip off to me.
(11-11-2011 12:23am)abcya Wrote: [ -> ]It's one of the few original metallics that were offered that is still available due to the shutdown of the Japanese plant that made the metallic flakes. I wonder what happens if they don't manage to get that plant up and running again. Will Firenze red disappear?

So far as I know all colours are now available to order so I guess they have sorted the manufacturing process out.
Yes, that's a lot of money to pay for a paint job. It is metallic...

[Image: wao76b.jpg]
You can see the metallic bits in the photo on this thread. Off to see the dealer this morning about the flaw

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Paint-Fla...light=Flaw
Good luck, I assume it will have to go in to the body shop to be fixed. I'm sure you'll ask them how they expect you to get about while they fix LR's shoddy paintwork.
(11-11-2011 12:24am)djschembri Wrote: [ -> ]I was told that to get the Firenze Red I must pay for the premium metallic paint + firenze red, i.e. 1,600 + 940 EUR. The standard metallic paint is not an option it seems. Is this normal?

Thanks

I suspect your dealer has misunderstood how the paint prices work. Premium paint applies to certain colours ie Havana and Barolo Black. If you are ordering Firenze you should just be paying for the standard metallic paint. It may be different from country to country but if you have another dealer in Malta that you can call it would be worth checking with them
Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

Think it is a mistake from the dealer's side with their pricing of the paint jobs. Will talk to him, hoping for a good outcome. I'll probably use this thread to back up my point Laughing

Thanks once again.
Reference URL's