babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Storing summer tyres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I've just put some winter alloys and tyres on my evoque and just wondered if my summer tyres should be stored at normal inflation settings. Any advice from the knowledgeable would be appreciated. Cheers YT
Hi YT, Wouldnt say I was knowledgeable but did some research and my conclusion was at normal pressure to keep thier shape, and rotate them each month to avoid any flattening of areas under load while stored, didnt seem to matter if stacked or upright, must be out of direct sunlight.

Another good tip was clean the alloys thoroughly before storing as any road salt will eat the surface of your alloys, even wax them.

What winter tyre make and type did you get? How much?
Not sure you need to rotate then while off the car, the load on the tyre is not significant but I agree they should be stored at normal pressure.

Good recommendation to give the wheels a good clean, not just the parts you can see but the back of the wheel as well.

It would be interesting to know what rims and tyres you have on the original wheels and what on the winter set. How much did it cost?
Reference URL's