babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear Camera - some advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been umming and ahhing about this for a while and still not sure. I've ordered a Prestige Coupe and asked for front/and rear parking sensors (for the Wife obviously!Laughing ). However I'm also now thinking of opting for the rear camera as another aid to parking given the visibility issues.

I haven't seen it in action and was wondering what the thoughts were on whether it was worth the extra.

Thanks.
Well, in my opinion this is a "must have" extra.
You will love if you have it. You don´t miss it if have no experience with it...
Just like the Ipad - no one needs it, everybody have it.

Here´s a video with rear camera in action:
thought it came as standard on Prestige....
(09-11-2011 06:33pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]I've been umming and ahhing about this for a while and still not sure. I've ordered a Prestige Coupe and asked for front/and rear parking sensors (for the Wife obviously!Laughing ). However I'm also now thinking of opting for the rear camera as another aid to parking given the visibility issues.

I haven't seen it in action and was wondering what the thoughts were on whether it was worth the extra.

Thanks.

I agree. Standard on Prestige along with front and rear parking sensors.
It is standard on UK prestige models. If it's an option then I would very much recommend it probably second only to the panoramic roof! The rear view out of an Evoque is ok but with the rear view camera you can see everything behind the car - it's very wide angled and has very useful lines to guide you of the width of the car and how close you are to the kerb etc.
A MUST HAVE!!!
Adds confidence with backing up for sure. I said no to the Magneride, xenons etc but non negotiables were rear cam, pano roof and power tailgate.
I am not sure if I have a problem with mine but to be honest by the time it kicks in I am already halfway through reversing anyway so tend to use the good old fashioned mirrors, does anyone else find it takes a long time for the camera to work?
Me too. I cannot use this to steer the car when reversing.
It's good to check behind the car as visibity is restricted but looking down at the dashboard does not give you the awareness of how the front end is swinging that you get from using the mirrors.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I seem to remember when reversing in addition to the picture being displayed ..... sound from the rear of the car is also piped through the stereo so I could hear a child cycling along the pavement quite clearly as well as see them. I thought that was a really useful safety aid.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's