babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Big hard disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For anyone who wants to have a large video library at their fingertips in the Evoque (i.e. a larger library than would fit on a flashdrive USB stick), I purchased the drive below and very happily watched Lock Stock whilst SWMBO drove yesterday.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog...HMQ8wIwAw#

It comes in 250GB and 500GB versions.

It is a spinning hard disc drive and so is susceptible to shocks, but it is also a "tough drive" and, allegedly, can be chucked down stairs, etc., without failing. Should handle itself fine with the smooth ride of the Evoque...
That is good news, been meaning too look for one Thanks for that Smile
Interesting that USB hard drives work, as normally the power consumption is too much for the USB port supplied. Are USB hard drives officially supported?
Nope not officially. However the warning message that suggests they are not used refers to issues of shock rather than any lack or otherwise of power.
Im assuming the password is/can be disabled for using as a media device ?

Pete
No password required as far as I have seen.
Thanks SW6RR I've been waiting till I got my Evoque to try one of these, I assume no problem with formatting in NTFS, and your video files are larger than 4Gb, what format video do you have them stored in? And can you see MP3 files for music too?

Can it be heard at all one running?

Martin, to qualify as USB means that it should provide a minimum of 500mA for power, higher can be negotiated on some devices but this requires processing behind the USB port, these drives are designed to be low power working from a USB port power so should be no problem.
I think the Evoque requires FAT32 (apologies if I've made this up - thought I read it in the online manual...!), so I'm not sure if NTFS would work. The drive I have is FAT32 and I don't have any video files over 4gb so I don't need NTFS.

I think I have them stored mainly in Xvid and Dixv, but haven't tried all files yet.

Have not tried MP3s - I use an iPod for music which is permanently plugged in.

Can't hear the drive running - quiet as a mouse.
Thanks SW6RR, yes also think someone mentioned FAT32.

Hope mine works!
I am trying with a maxtor 320gb was formatted with Mac journaled . When it's plugged in I hear funny sound of my hard drive , Evoque doesn't recognize it
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's