babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: When is my dealer likely to get their next build slots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting a bit cheesed off with the lack of info from my dealer. I know my car should be in the next batch of build slots my dealer gets.

So when is this likely to be? are they given out at regular intervals or is it a lottery with the way things are with regards to delays?
Did you get my email about your phone number? If you want to give me a call I can try to explain the situation as explained to worldwidetraveler
My dealers allocation has been cut from 7 to 4 per month, which assuming nothing changes means i am bumped from March to July.... The saving grace (for me) is that there are no 5 doors coming through, and the last delivery was all coupes.
So this could also mean my order comes forward!
In summary... No idea.
Hmm that sounds bad, Im sure mine said they got 16 cars per allocation but I suppose theres a high chance it might have dropped now. I was apparently 19th on the list when the last batch came through so in theory i should be at the top of the list now. However my order is for a 5 door which might cause a problem.

Geordieboy - not got round to calling, mainly because i hate talking in the phone

This whole thing with delays has got me questioning my order and going for something else. I have wanted an evoque for ages but tempted to visit a volvo dealer and have a drive of an xc60, also thinking about an octavia vrs est.
(05-11-2011 10:13am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]This whole thing with delays has got me questioning my order and going for something else. I have wanted an evoque for ages but tempted to visit a volvo dealer and have a drive of an xc60, also thinking about an octavia vrs est.

Same here. So close to cancelling, but so far the mrs has managed to persuade me to wait and see if customer services come up with some sort of solution (not holding my breath tho!).
Out of interest when did you guys put your deposits down and do your orders?

We did ours in early July 2011 and were told then that we should expect the car March 2012, which suited us. I spoke to the dealer earlier in the week and he told me that this was still the case, that will be 8 months from order. I do see some new people coming on here who have not long put orders down and seem to think they will get their cars in a few months...LaughingLaughingLaughing!!
(05-11-2011 11:16am)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest when did you guys put your deposits down and do your orders?

We did ours in early July 2011 and were told then that we should expect the car March 2012, which suited us. I spoke to the dealer earlier in the week and he told me that this was still the case, that will be 8 months from order. I do see some new people coming on here who have not long put orders down and seem to think they will get their cars in a few months...LaughingLaughingLaughing!!

27th June 2011 i paid my deposit, would have been earlier but i had a work drama that prevented it.

I was given a provisional date of late Jan 2012 for delivery which will do me to be honest, thugh i did hope to get a car this year if i was lucky. I was expected to be contacted around now for my final spec for build.

Its the unknown thats killing my enthusiasm, if I could be just updated and given a firm date to work to i would be happy. If its jan/feb then fine If its going back further than that then I think i will be getting my deposit back.
Deposit down early March, so already 8 months and looking like at least another two to go! So I definately wasn't expecting to jump any queues, especially when I'd been given a build date of 21st October!
Deposit down in August and I'm told I'm 17th on the dealers 'holding pool' but no idea how many slots they get each month but was originally told to expect in January.

To be fair the dealer was as annoyed and frustrated with LR's logic on what spec of cars are built as me Confused
(05-11-2011 10:13am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Geordieboy - not got round to calling, mainly because i hate talking in the phone

Please feel free to drop me a PM and pop in.
Reference URL's