babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Drivers Seat Comfort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've seen on other sites a couple of concerns about drivers seat comfort, especially numb throttle leg on longer journeys.
Any comments?
Mines fine
Great, I don't know which seats the report was referring to, Pure, Prestige, Dynamic or Dynamic plus.
I did feel a little stiff at the unleashed event but I put that down to poor positioning as I did not really get time to set the seating perfectly.
I noticed at Evoque Live on the Pure (and maybe Dynamic as the one I saw had LUX pack) the lower side supports were intrusive into the thighs, spoke to one of the sales/engineers there who was interested but said no one else mentioned it. The width between the two raised side supports is much narrower than my current car.

When I drove a Dynamic at Evoque Unleased there was no sign of this problem, so I assumed it was either the new seats at Live hadn't softened yet, or the demo models at Live weren't the finished item (I'm assuming my complaint will have had no influence! :lolSmile
(01-11-2011 10:01am)griff Wrote: [ -> ]Great, I don't know which seats the report was referring to, Pure, Prestige, Dynamic or Dynamic plus.
I did feel a little stiff at the unleashed event but I put that down to poor positioning as I did not really get time to set the seating perfectly.

The Prestige seems really comfy and despite what the scare mongers out there have said about wear and sagging, mine still looks like new.
As you can see I'm getting a Prestige and if it is like any other car I have had, seats soon meld into the contour of the driver/s. I'm sure it will be O.K. it is designed for the American market after all Laughing
I know some people think cruise control is a waste of time but I find it useful on a long run to be able to flex my leg. I think the Evoque seats are fine, from what I can remember of them.
I find them fine. there is a little intrusion from the lower side support on the accelerator side,. Other than that, they are exceptionally comfy....
I felt some discomfort (back, not leg!) following my first test drive - so had another and it was fine. Touch wood, now I have the car, it's fine too.

One related question - the manual (and other cars I've driven) show the front edge of the seats can be adjusted vertically by pulling the front of horizontal button up and down. This doesn't work in my car (coupe dynamic standard seats ie not Lux) - any views on whether it should? The back of the button moves the back portion of the seat up and down in the way I expected, just not the front... thanks
(01-11-2011 07:45pm)bogstomper Wrote: [ -> ]I felt some discomfort (back, not leg!) following my first test drive - so had another and it was fine. Touch wood, now I have the car, it's fine too.

One related question - the manual (and other cars I've driven) show the front edge of the seats can be adjusted vertically by pulling the front of horizontal button up and down. This doesn't work in my car (coupe dynamic standard seats ie not Lux) - any views on whether it should? The back of the button moves the back portion of the seat up and down in the way I expected, just not the front... thanks

Please clarify this question as I have the same seats as you but dont understand the question fully?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's