babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Some perspective on delays.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Following on from Tokens "Period of acceptance thread"

I have read from several posters that if you order a new BMW X3 you are looking at 12months before delivery, and for some Audi's there are many months delay before delivery.

Is there anyone on here who also considered other marques and discovered they would have a long wait for a vehicle that has been in production for some time.

Just trying to keeps things positive.
Evo-king,
I looked at a Q5 and it had a 5-6 month waiting list.
I didnt order one because I knew that the evoque was the car for me as soon as I saw one and I would have been willing to wait the 11 months I was originally told in May when I paid my deposit.
Also, if I had chosen any other car I know for sure that I would have been constantly thinking about an evoque and would be gutted when I started seeing them on the road at the time of my estimated delivery date.
As it happens I confirmed my spec when I paid the deposit and did not alter it at all, and as it is a pure with a few extras it was one of the very few that have arrived early, for which I feel extremely lucky!
I looked at the new 911 and was told that I might have to wait as long as 12 months...and also the Cayenne and was told 9 months for that...

In reality though, I am completely sold on the Evoque and if LR suddenly tell me I am going to have to wait another 6 months (which really wouldn't surprise me) I would take the opportunity to buy an old Defender to enjoy for 6 months!
looked at the X3 (dunno why...I would NEVER buy BMW)...that was last May, and the earliest I could have had was feb 2012
x6 was a consideration but in all honesty it was always going to be an Evoque. If I didn't need the space I'd buy a cayman probably.
Some internet brokers/dealers such as drivethedeal can supply some of these cars immediately if your not too particular on spec.
I have no problem with waiting for a car, if you are told straight facts at the time of order.
I was told when buying the first BMW Z4 it was a 12month wait. It was exactly 12months to the date that the car got delievered, but the dealer kept me informed throught out the process. It is when lies are being told, that peoples patience runs thin.
Looked at an X3 last Feb. Dealer said it would be 4 month wait. By March it was already out to 10 months! Am pleased to say I was probably saved from making a regrettable decision.

And so then to be told there would be a wait for the Evoque didn't come as such a massive shock and disappointment! Am quite impulsive, I want it now, but not so impulsive that I might be prepared to pay above list.
We also looked at the X3 in Feb or March of this year, obviously the salesman was keen to get a sale, but was honest enough to say that we would be waiting several months.

I also think that did us a favour because in the back of my mind I was waiting to see what the Evoque looked like.

My wife and I are happy with the outcome.
(30-10-2011 10:32am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Following on from Tokens "Period of acceptance thread"

I have read from several posters that if you order a new BMW X3 you are looking at 12months before delivery, and for some Audi's there are many months delay before delivery.

Is there anyone on here who also considered other marques and discovered they would have a long wait for a vehicle that has been in production for some time.

Just trying to keeps things positive.

I have no interest at all in other makes & definately not a BMW X3 Rolling with Laughter or any other BMW for that matter If the Evoque never arrives that's life I will just keep what I have.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's