babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 3-door or 5-door Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone! I'm Nate - stumbled across this forum through endless amounts of searching on google. Currently living in Bangkok Thailand, and discovered that one particular car importer here has just received delivery on 5 brand new Evoques that they ordered from the UK. There's a mixed selection, with both diesel and petrol variants, as well as one of them being a fully specced out coupe in white.

Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to test drive any of these cars for obvious reasons, so I'd rather ask some people who actually live and drive with them on a daily basis.

I have my heart set on the coupe, but I want to know how troublesome it is for passengers to get in and out of the car. I saw in one review on youtube that the seat takes forever to move forward in order for the passengers to get in and out. Is this true? Is it really that bad? Is it as difficult as getting into the back of a Mercedes E-Coupe or an Audi A5?

Its rare that I would carry more than one passenger on my daily commutes, but if its really that troublesome, then I may have to opt for the slightly less-sexy 5-door version.. FYI, I have my sights set on an Si4 variant in white Smile

Much thanks in advance! Very Happy
Having just seen the news, a boat would probably be more use than an evoque coupe to you.
(29-10-2011 02:23pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Having just seen the news, a boat would probably be more use than an evoque coupe to you.

Already got a boat! Laughing

Luckily I live somewhere near the airport, which has been protected from the flooding, so my area is still flood-free. I have a Land Cruiser, but its getting old and starting to have problems with the transmission. An Evoque would be a very nice upgrade. Do you have any opinions on the 3dr vs 5dr question I asked about?
BTW, here's the selection of cars I have to choose from..
http://www.one2car.com/search/search_res...ody=D2406&
(website is in Thai, but you can click on pictures, etc)

Prices on imported cars are astronomical here, due to import and luxury car taxes. That white evoque coupe in the list is the most expensive out of them all. Called them and was quoted 5.5 million Baht, which in pounds is 111,609 GBP! The cheapest one is a black 5-door Sd4 (not sure about the options) selling for 4.4 million Baht (89,287 GBP). Sad
(29-10-2011 02:23pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Having just seen the news, a boat would probably be more use than an evoque coupe to you.

Not even funny
Just bring your boat across and I'll sell you my White one for £100,000 GBP a bargain at that ??? Lol
Jokes aside, does anyone have an answer to my question?
Nate.

I've gone for the coupe, but that is because I can call upon a little 5dr hatch for 2+ people journeys. Plus in my opinion it is the better looking.

During some of our test drives I sat in the back and have to admit it is awkward getting out and on the passenger side there isn't a grab handle to help you.

Seat movement is slow, but I guess with that it only becomes a pain if you trying to get in in hurry on a wet or cold winters day.
The seat is extremely slow, but then again if you have your heart set on a coupe, I certainly wouldn't worry about it if you only occasionaly expect to carry more than 1 passenger. I wont be! Very Happy
Thanks for your comments! I'll be going to check out a 3-dr and 5-dr in the flesh for the first time on Monday (that is if the flooding doesn't spread into the Bangkok CBD!). Still wont be able to test drive the thing (all of them are parked inside showrooms), but at least I can have sit inside and try to get a bit of a feel for it. From all the reviews and comments i've seen, my expectations are very high. I hope I wont be disappointed!
Nate, I chose the 5 door as I have 3 children,but if you rarely carry passengers you should go for the coupe.
It is tricky getting in and out of the rear of the coupe but as you will always be in the front, then let the passengers worry about it and always let them get in via the passenger side so you don't get wet waiting for seats etc if it's raining!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's