babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dealership Problems again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sent a email last Sunday afternoon to my dealer explaining that I am aware that I am entitled to £150 goodwill gesture because of my ongoing delays and also discuss options around a courtsey car.

Not had a reply back or a call from the salesman, then this morning missed a call on my mobile from the dealer principle stating he wants to talk to me but don't ring back because he is out of the office all day! As I had just missed the call (5secs) I rang back to see if I could catch him before he left, unfortunately he had gone, so asked to be put through to the salesman I have been dealing with. I was then asked my name and then told he wasn't in a position to be able to talk to me about my order and it is now being dealt with the dealer principle who will contact me on Monday to discuss my order. WTF is going on!!! I tried again in the afternoon to call the salesman and again was told he couldn't talk to me, but he was sat at his desk, because I saw him when I drove past the showroom window!!!
Very odd behaviour from the dealer?

Acting his way doesn't help with people's frustrations when all you want is an honest answer?
It depends who you sent the email to.
If it went to the dealer principal then he has probably told your original salesman that he is now going to deal with you and told the salesman not to deal with you further as it will only confuse the situation further. Also if you emailed the dealer principal then the salesman might have been told off for not contacting you and now be reluctant to deal with you.
If you sent it to the salesman and he passed it to the dealer principal, the least the salesman could do would be to tell you that as the dealer principal has taken it on then he is sorry but he can't discuss it with you further.
I suspect this could be a good thing... as you know what the LR policy is they are probably going to handle you with kid gloves which is why the dealer principle wants to deal with you personally. Just my 2p.
I would hazard a guess its to find out 'how' you are aware of your entitlement to £150 of accessories. They don't like leaked info.
(28-10-2011 09:36pm)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I would hazard a guess its to find out 'how' you are aware of your entitlement to £150 of accessories. They don't like leaked info.

+1
(28-10-2011 09:36pm)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I would hazard a guess its to find out 'how' you are aware of your entitlement to £150 of accessories. They don't like leaked info.

Information is power...
In any industry, once you start complaining or asking for something they don't want to give, you change the game...sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse...

If you complain about your meal in a restaurant and they take it back to change it, you shouldn't be surprised if they spit on the replacement. Same with the car order, if you make any unwelcome noises, don't be surprised if your order slips further.

It can work the other way of course...

It's a gamble and you take your chance...you're dealing with the unpredictability of humans with power I'm afraid.

I rarely complain and when asking for something always do it in person so as to leverage a relationship, rather than a cold email.

Hope it works out for you
(29-10-2011 09:37am)Token Wrote: [ -> ]In any industry, once you start complaining or asking for something they don't want to give, you change the game...sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse...

If you complain about your meal in a restaurant and they take it back to change it, you shouldn't be surprised if they spit on the replacement. Same with the car order, if you make any unwelcome noises, don't be surprised if your order slips further.

It can work the other way of course...

It's a gamble and you take your chance...you're dealing with the unpredictability of humans with power I'm afraid.

I rarely complain and when asking for something always do it in person so as to leverage a relationship, rather than a cold email.

Hope it works out for you

Your assuming the dealers can influence the build date of a car... if only that were true... The dealers have no real power only the desire to make as much money from each sale as possible...
"I rarely complain and when asking for something always do it in person so as to leverage a relationship, rather than a cold email".

I can't always get in to see the salesman, so it had to be email. - I am glad for you that you feel you have never had to complain.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's