babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Panoramic Roof price increase and delays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something for those with delays to bear in mind...

As you probably recall a couple of months ago LR announced a price increase for the Pano Roof (I think it went from £460 to £790) which would take effect on all cars built from mid November.

As a number of you have had build slots bumped from before mid-November to after you should check that you're not going to be dinged for the extra on the pano roof.
I would hope that the prices are fixed at the agreed price at that time of acceptance of order!
Once your order is done at a given price, it will never change : that's a signed contract! At least in France, what you say would be impossible!
(28-10-2011 09:23am)D53x Wrote: [ -> ]Once your order is done at a given price, it will never change : that's a signed contract! At least in France, what you say would be impossible!

Although I didnt order till last week (due to colour availablility) I put a deposit down in June, and dealer honoured price (although they snuck Supaguard on the invoice - told them to remove it straight away !) Smile
(28-10-2011 09:31am)KaDargo Wrote: [ -> ](although they snuck Supaguard on the invoice - told them to remove it straight away !) Smile

Not sure if that is theft or fraud given they put it on the invoice without asking you first.
(28-10-2011 09:20am)caroline11000 Wrote: [ -> ]I would hope that the prices are fixed at the agreed price at that time of acceptance of order!

I wish that was the case but you should check your order form as the wording on mine is as follows:

5.2 If before the date of delivery a change occurs in the Manufacturer's price for the Vehicle or any Accessory, the seller shall notify the purchaser:-
a) if a price increase, the amount by which the Seller intends to increase the Purchase Price; or
b) if a price decrease, the amount by which the Seller intends to reduce the Purchase Price (or that no reduction is intended)

I'm sure some dealers will do the right thing but I'd be surprised if some didn't try their luck...
From what my dealer told me, any new orders placed after Friday 12 August would incur the extra cost or if a customer significantly changed an existing order after that date then they would also be billed the increased amount.

So anyone who had a deposit down before the 12 August but does not have a build slot should not be charged.

Again, from what he said, that came direct from LR and should apply to all dealerships.
Whoa.

Lot of confusion here.

Put my deposit down and ordered last Saturday and my dealer showed me something on his computer screen from the ordering process which stated providing I placed my order before a set date in Nov 2011, order price would be honoured.

In other words if JLR increased the price to the options I chosen I would not have to pay it.
(28-10-2011 11:22am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa.

Lot of confusion here.

Put my deposit down and ordered last Saturday and my dealer showed me something on his computer screen from the ordering process which stated providing I placed my order before a set date in Nov 2011, order price would be honoured.

In other words if JLR increased the price to the options I chosen I would not have to pay it.

I think a lot of the confusion is that JLR set policy and then the dealers choose if and when they will follow it as can be seen by the dealer's selective interpretation of the courtesy car and good will £150 that according to JLR should be offered proactively to those impacted by the delays.
I recently changed from pure to prestige. Dealer noticed that new price had been applied. The dealer contacted LR and the lower price was honoured.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's