babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Build Timings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know how long it takes to build the Evoque?

Mine went into Build on the 7th October but the VIN is not returning any results on TOPix so I'm assuming that it only shows up on TOPix once Build is complete...so I'm assuming that it is not yet complete...does it really take a couple of weeks for the car to go through the Build cycle? Seems like a long time.
Mine went into build 26/9 and according to VISTA print factory complete date was 17/10 (but this was an estimate, since the VISTA print was done on 3/10 and already had as the status Order Built). When I checked last week Wednesday (12/10) on Topix all my details was already visible.

So I suspect they give themselves three weeks to build the car (26/09 to 17/10) but in reality the car is built in 7 to 14 days?
Thanks Berlin...good insight
After building it takes one more month to hand over?
Mine needs to be shipped all the way to the southern tip of Africa… hence the long time between build and drive.
The position when I visited Halewood was "this morning's pressings will be made into a body shell this afternoon which will be painted tonight and fitted out tomorrow by lunchtime". Sounds tight, but any estimate of 7 - 10 - 14 days will include an allowance for sitting around before, during or after the build.
Thanks...mine is just about done then.

Spoke to dealer this afternoon, delivery brought forward a week to 26th October...
We'll then be expecting those photos a week earlier Very Happy
It takes less than a day to build and then goes in to quality control. My dealer tells me they can see when it's built and has gone in to be checked and then released for delivery.
Token

My dealer confirmed my build date on Monday morning as being the previous Friday 14th October.
He has today (Weds october 19th) confirmed the car is built and has "called it over" this morning, expected at dealers in 5 working days.

He has mailed me the VIN but this is not showing in Topix so i wouldn't assume anything from this
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's