babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evogue vs X6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I am in the market for a small compact SUV and has been postponing my purchase because I am attracted to the Evogue. I have narrowed down my choice to these two and therefore would like feedback from anyone.

I guess posting this question on the Evogue forum might result in a biased feedback Smile. Anyhow, been following this forum and found it to be extremely smart and informative so I thought might as well ask away. Thanks in advance.
1. Are you planning on getting the Coupe or 5 door?

2. The X6 is no where near as aesthatically pleasing as the evoque

3. The Evoque is going to be in great demand.. both as new and as a used car - because it is a great car, not so expensive, brand new model - unlikely to get a facelift for at least 3 years, whereas the X6 just got a facelift - most likely change shape in another 2 years - depreciating much more.

4. The Evoque is extremely fun to drive from what I've heard and its meant to be the perfect blend between a sedan and an SUV with providing some excitement from a "hot hatch".

5. The X6 is hardly a small compact SUV. The X6 hasn't got anywhere near the same number of rave reviews in comparison to the evoque.

6. The evoque is cheaper!!
(19-10-2011 02:21am)chiggy Wrote: [ -> ]1. Are you planning on getting the Coupe or 5 door?

2. The X6 is no where near as aesthatically pleasing as the evoque

3. The Evoque is going to be in great demand.. both as new and as a used car - because it is a great car, not so expensive, brand new model - unlikely to get a facelift for at least 3 years, whereas the X6 just got a facelift - most likely change shape in another 2 years - depreciating much more.

4. The Evoque is extremely fun to drive from what I've heard and its meant to be the perfect blend between a sedan and an SUV with providing some excitement from a "hot hatch".

5. The X6 is hardly a small compact SUV. The X6 hasn't got anywhere near the same number of rave reviews in comparison to the evoque.

6. The evoque is cheaper!!

Have 2 boys so planning on getting the 5 door Evogue. I guess reliability of LR cars are in the back of my head too hence my consideration of the Bimmer.
The X6 is a great drivers car, very capable on the road and BMWs Diesel engines are legendary, however, on every aspect aside from 0-60mph the Evoque will win. It's also a great drivers car, I know I have one, it's extremely comfortable, it handles brilliantly and when I could buy any 4x4 or SUV I wanted I opted for the Evoque and as it was so good I then ordered one for my wife and another for me; so I can sell my current one and get another engine/colour combo!

The Evoque's are just stunning looking, fresh, relevant, capable cars, good luck in your decision...you know what my one was, hope you make the RIGHT decision too!
(19-10-2011 03:23am)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]The X6 is a great drivers car, very capable on the road and BMWs Diesel engines are legendary, however, on every aspect aside from 0-60mph the Evoque will win. It's also a great drivers car, I know I have one, it's extremely comfortable, it handles brilliantly and when I could buy any 4x4 or SUV I wanted I opted for the Evoque and as it was so good I then ordered one for my wife and another for me; so I can sell my current one and get another engine/colour combo!

The Evoque's are just stunning looking, fresh, relevant, capable cars, good luck in your decision...you know what my one was, hope you make the RIGHT decision too!

You are indeed walking the talk by owning 1 and adding 2!! How come you are not worried about its reliability given that LR's reputation for reliability is pretty bad?
X6 is a superb car. Note that there is a facelift of the X6 planned. Not official but everyone knows about it. You will get white angel eyes like on the X5 facelift. New engines. The new 5.0d is supposed to get launched with the X6. (try turbo straight 6 diesel. Probably 400+ HP and 650-700nm) And probably new options. If you have an iPhone you will love the BMW Apps integration. You can download certified apps from the appstore and the iPhone will project them on the full screen in the BMW.

Take a look at the X6 performance package. It do create really stunning finish of the X6: (this will be way more rare than the Evoque)
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2011-bm...85247.html

Go for a white X6 with 4.0d or 5.0d. Performance package in black. You get a really pool design and black/white look. The car has way better handling than the Evoque. Engine is also something way better. The boot is similar to the evoque or actually a little larger. I think that the X6 is like 50-60 cm longer car. Around the same width. Taller. As you can know spec the X6 with 5 seats it do make a lot of more sense than when it was a 4 seater. If you choose between BMWs the X5 is the family version with larger boot. The X6 if you love design and the best driver. The X6 has a Dynamic performance thing that makes it feel like a mini! Wink

The Evoque is a much smaller car. Its also cheaper if you don't go all options. A fully specced Evoque is crazy in terms of prize.

Why did I choose the Evoque? I thought I would get it before Xmas. The X6 is 6 months delivery as its a US built car. The face lift will come in spring. If you put an early order on the face lift you would be the first the get it. But as its not official it could be spring or autumn delivery. The other reason I did go for the Evoque was less price, wanted to try another brand, Evoque is great looking, OK engine, great off road (don't matter much to me) and downsizing my SUV a bit. Not sure if the mileage is that much better than a large X5/X6 though.

Also remember that the Evoque is more about comfort and off road. The X6 is about driving, performance and sport. The X6 do have a much harder suspension. You can spec the Adaptive Drive that is superb but expensive. So you really need to test both cars on ordinary roads and a little bumpy roads so you know what you want. You can drive all X-drive cars on bad roads. But you don't you truly off road with them. I drive on really bad roads and loads of snow. No issue. But I would never go truly off road as its not built for that. In Sweden this is a 0 problem as we are not allowed to drive off road. Just land owners that can do that in their own land.

I advise you to drive a X6 4.0d and test it out. Drive it hard and you will see why its performance outclass the Evoque. Also feel how much harder the suspension is vs the evokes great comfort... Different style for different driving / demands.

In the end it do come to what you want and like. The X6 performance will be a much less common car in the UK. I just assume the Evoque will be all over when production start working. In Sweden the Evoque will still not be that common in the long run I think due to its premium price.

hard choice! I love the X6. My plan B is still the X6 LCI... Wink
BTW how will the Evoque win against the X6? Offroad yes? Onroad not a chance!

If you go diesel with the X6 today you always spec the twin turbo 4.0d as its not much increased cost vs the 3.0d and have the same mileage but 306hp, 600nm and 0-100 in 6.5s! So the X6 diesel will outclass the Evoque and any other large ranger rover in performance on road and add curvy roads and a track day and it will eat them alive.

If you go with the 35i its 306 hp, 400nm and 6.7s to 100.

V8 is 600nm, 407hp and 5.4s to 100.

We have not talked about X6M... That can compete with some sport cars on track...

So just curious how the Evoque would beat the X6 in performance? Forget about that!

Lets discuss again if we get a 300hp Evoque and a larger diesel engine. RR is not about performance. Wrong car! Wink
This seems like comparing an apple to an orange. A juicy organic apple to a plump larger orange that is a bit stale. The apple is fresh and delectable and the orange has been genetically modified to be a bit too big.
And despite the potential of good taste it's not very sweet.

When I look at the X6 I see an oversized, overweight hulk with an awkward rear. It doesn't surprise me that it is built in the USA where bigger is some times seem as best. To me the X6 totally engulfs the driver, dwarfing them. If you want a US made colossus why not buy a Hummer?

So just an opinion - I prefer small, functional and stylish with great off road potential. The only BMWs that catch my eye are the 1 series M or a few of the motorcycles.

Now go to the BMW forum and ask them what they think of the Evoque haha. Good luck with your decision. I'm glad you didn't ask Evoque vs X1 as I would have just said "utterly hideous".
X6 is rubbish off road/in snow etc. see Top Gear....
One other thing to add is that despite its considerably larger footprint the X6 has 4mm LESS rear headroom and only 2mm more rear leg room than the RRE ...... and as a dog owner the Evoque boot is more usable for us too. As you can probably tell the X6 was on our "consider list" to .... but not for very long.
(19-10-2011 06:23am)hybris Wrote: [ -> ]X6 is a superb car. Note that there is a facelift of the X6 planned. Not official but everyone knows about it. You will get white angel eyes like on the X5 facelift. New engines. The new 5.0d is supposed to get launched with the X6. (try turbo straight 6 diesel. Probably 400+ HP and 650-700nm) And probably new options. If you have an iPhone you will love the BMW Apps integration. You can download certified apps from the appstore and the iPhone will project them on the full screen in the BMW.

Take a look at the X6 performance package. It do create really stunning finish of the X6: (this will be way more rare than the Evoque)
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2011-bm...85247.html

Go for a white X6 with 4.0d or 5.0d. Performance package in black. You get a really pool design and black/white look. The car has way better handling than the Evoque. Engine is also something way better. The boot is similar to the evoque or actually a little larger. I think that the X6 is like 50-60 cm longer car. Around the same width. Taller. As you can know spec the X6 with 5 seats it do make a lot of more sense than when it was a 4 seater. If you choose between BMWs the X5 is the family version with larger boot. The X6 if you love design and the best driver. The X6 has a Dynamic performance thing that makes it feel like a mini! Wink

The Evoque is a much smaller car. Its also cheaper if you don't go all options. A fully specced Evoque is crazy in terms of prize.

Why did I choose the Evoque? I thought I would get it before Xmas. The X6 is 6 months delivery as its a US built car. The face lift will come in spring. If you put an early order on the face lift you would be the first the get it. But as its not official it could be spring or autumn delivery. The other reason I did go for the Evoque was less price, wanted to try another brand, Evoque is great looking, OK engine, great off road (don't matter much to me) and downsizing my SUV a bit. Not sure if the mileage is that much better than a large X5/X6 though.

Also remember that the Evoque is more about comfort and off road. The X6 is about driving, performance and sport. The X6 do have a much harder suspension. You can spec the Adaptive Drive that is superb but expensive. So you really need to test both cars on ordinary roads and a little bumpy roads so you know what you want. You can drive all X-drive cars on bad roads. But you don't you truly off road with them. I drive on really bad roads and loads of snow. No issue. But I would never go truly off road as its not built for that. In Sweden this is a 0 problem as we are not allowed to drive off road. Just land owners that can do that in their own land.

I advise you to drive a X6 4.0d and test it out. Drive it hard and you will see why its performance outclass the Evoque. Also feel how much harder the suspension is vs the evokes great comfort... Different style for different driving / demands.

In the end it do come to what you want and like. The X6 performance will be a much less common car in the UK. I just assume the Evoque will be all over when production start working. In Sweden the Evoque will still not be that common in the long run I think due to its premium price.

hard choice! I love the X6. My plan B is still the X6 LCI... Wink
BTW how will the Evoque win against the X6? Offroad yes? Onroad not a chance!

If you go diesel with the X6 today you always spec the twin turbo 4.0d as its not much increased cost vs the 3.0d and have the same mileage but 306hp, 600nm and 0-100 in 6.5s! So the X6 diesel will outclass the Evoque and any other large ranger rover in performance on road and add curvy roads and a track day and it will eat them alive.

If you go with the 35i its 306 hp, 400nm and 6.7s to 100.

V8 is 600nm, 407hp and 5.4s to 100.

We have not talked about X6M... That can compete with some sport cars on track...

So just curious how the Evoque would beat the X6 in performance? Forget about that!

Lets discuss again if we get a 300hp Evoque and a larger diesel engine. RR is not about performance. Wrong car! Wink

Nice link!!
Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Seems its a matter of taste in terms of styling while interior dimensions seem similar except for the sloping roof of the X6 which cuts down the head room in the back. Trunk capacity seems roughly the same (?). As I will be using it mostly for urban driving, off-road capability is not really a bonus. The city is also quite congested though so driving and creature comforts are very important especially the seats and sound system.

Evogue will be available here by mid-November. Meantime, late 2010 X6s are available in secondary market. Brand new they are priced roughly the same but my inclination is to get a second-hand with low mileage so I don't have to suffer first year depreciation which is typically around 30-35% here.

I guess best to compare them directly when the time comes. Like both of them exterior wise but definitely the Evogue would be the fresher design though not too many X6s on the road so it would be pretty unique as well.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's