babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque buying guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting that Prestige Couoe does not appear to be available in the US. Does make you wonder how they make these arbitrary marketing decisions, like no Prestige Si4 here.
Yes please note that all the info is regarding the US model. But still interesting facts that I have not been able to find easily somewhere else.
I'm absolutely crazy about those black gloss 20 " alloys. I wish I'd never seen this guide Wink
(16-10-2011 07:03pm)Evoqess Wrote: [ -> ]I'm absolutely crazy about those black gloss 20 " alloys. I wish I'd never seen this guide Wink

You could always have your standard wheels painted black by a bodyshop for a fraction of the cost of the 'official' black wheels. Just remember that the laquer on the black wheels scratch quite easily and these will be more difficult to keep clean and looking fresh. FYI, I use a low grade compound to polish out the scratches on the gloss black wheels on my Maserati, but overtime the glossy shine will turn varying shades of matt & then they will need repainting.... Very Happy
I was planning to paint my type 6 black. As I thought the shadow chrome ones was a bit overpriced and not that different. Any suggestions on what type of painting/finish to use?

As my Evoque will be white and the dynamic gives me black gloss details maybe an aligned paint for the type 6 rims would be great?

Feedback?
The black paint used on the Dynamic Trim is LR Narvik I believe, but your Dealer will be able to confirm.

My Dealers Bodyshop are painting the standard Type 6 for me on my next Evoque, the 4 wheels should only cost you circa £200 which is a damn sight cheaper than the optional standard spoked black wheels that LR sell for the Evoque & they will look every bit as good if not better IMHO. Very Happy
Terrific feedback. I'm very interested in having my winter wheels black - but the LR price is extreme. I think you have saved me some serious cash Spidey-Stig! Thanks muchly!
And, if painted alloys are good enough for a Maserati owner (exquisite taste) they are absolutely good enough for yours truly! Smile
You are most welcome Evoqess, as long as the bodyshop apply a clear lacquer as a top coat you should be fine.

Also, just make sure the water and sponge are clean when you wash them as these will help keep the scratches at bay and your alloys looking great too.

Another tip for those with black wheels if you get a stone chip is that you can also use a black permanent marker pen to disguise the chip if it's gone through to bare alloy metal!

Very Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's