babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Double locking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dunno if everyone else knows this but just discovered the Evoque has two levels of locking. Press the fob once and it locks, press again and it double locks.
Press once and it locks but doesn't engage the alarm allowing you to leave dogs etc in the car. Press twice will engage the alarm and fully shut down the vehicle. Same on the Freelander 2.
(14-10-2011 08:46pm)rchrdleigh Wrote: [ -> ]Press once and it locks but doesn't engage the alarm allowing you to leave dogs etc in the car. Press twice will engage the alarm and fully shut down the vehicle. Same on the Freelander 2.

Same on my 7 yr old Mazda... Laughing
That's interesting - during my handover my dealer said it was just as locked with one press, but two get the extra visual / audio that the car is locked (indicators flash and the car beeps once). I might need to read the manual...!
(14-10-2011 09:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2011 08:46pm)rchrdleigh Wrote: [ -> ]Press once and it locks but doesn't engage the alarm allowing you to leave dogs etc in the car. Press twice will engage the alarm and fully shut down the vehicle. Same on the Freelander 2.

Same on my 7 yr old Mazda... Laughing

And my 1994 Calibra!
(14-10-2011 09:59pm)bogstomper Wrote: [ -> ]That's interesting - during my handover my dealer said it was just as locked with one press, but two get the extra visual / audio that the car is locked (indicators flash and the car beeps once). I might need to read the manual...!

Your dealer is wrong, happy to confirm that post 2 above is correct. Very Happy
Thanks for clarifying guys - I'll go back to two presses! Unless I get a dog of course...
If you do, don't let her near your house or your car or she'll stalk you James Very Happy
MGs,Fords and Vauxhalls have done this for 10 years!
How does it work then with keyless entry if it is a 2 stage locking process with the fob?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's