babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dealer Training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just out of interest, how do the salesmen at dealerships get to know about the functinoality of new cars?

Are they sent on experience days to get to know everything about the car or do they have to just study up on the specs?

I just know that the answers I was provided with for 1 or 2 questions while on a test drive turned out to be incorrect when I looked at the owners manual posted the other day.

I'm not critical of the salesman since there is lots of functionality to this car. It just made me wonder about how much information they may need to study up on to deal with the random questions customers may throw at them.
They get send away for a couple of days on various training courses.
They also have access to on-line learning modules.
I don't think my dealer did.
Our local dealers spent a day with trainers who were traveling around with three Evoques. When I had the chance to speak to one of these trainers, I asked how "keen" his pupils were and his facial expression left no doubt (furrowed brows and upside down smile). He did say that of all the salespeople, that the one I was dealing with was the best of the last two local dealerships. Pretty pleased to hear this.
But, at handover I'm pretty certain I'll still know more than her (like most here). Hooray online manual, hooray to this splendid forum! Smile
Get yuorself a half day Land Rover Experience voucher from your Dealer and they'll give you all the information the Dealer failed to pass on and show you how good your Evoque is off-road.
Reference URL's