babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Had my test drive today .........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got a test drive today of an SD4 manual prestige.

First impressions when we got moving was how wide the car actually feels.

The footwell seemed quite small & could not find where to put my left foot when not on the clutch.
It also feels a heavy car, quite alot heavier than the kerb weight says.

But apart from all the above it was very nice.
The car was slower than I expected for 190 bhp out on the motorway, but just driving along normally it was fine.
There was quite a bit of wind noise from the wing mirrors.
The ride was nice & comfy, but a bit jiggly out on the dual carriage way.

On the whole it's a nice package.

Did it blow me away ? No

Did I like it ? Yes

Will I order one ? ... Probably

But not sure between ed4 & sd4
Thanks for your impressions Jon! I'm wondering what car you are coming from.
I test drove an Si4 minutes after stepping from a sporty, lighter, 2011 Audi coupe I had been enjoying for 6 months. I purposefully reminded myself that my performance expectations might not be met by the Evoque before I settled into the drivers seat. But, interestingly enough, I was pleasantly surprised. The Si4 really was ..... Enough! Yes, it's undeniablly visually stunning, has oodles of utility compared with the Audi - and I found the drive spirited. But then, my Audi was just the 270 hp version - not an RS version or anything.
The Evoque - the "whole" package is special, and that was enough to blow me away.
You should try SD4 Automatic - it is much quicker
(12-10-2011 02:29am)Evoqess Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your impressions Jon! I'm wondering what car you are coming from.
I test drove an Si4 minutes after stepping from a sporty, lighter, 2011 Audi coupe I had been enjoying for 6 months. I purposefully reminded myself that my performance expectations might not be met by the Evoque before I settled into the drivers seat. But, interestingly enough, I was pleasantly surprised. The Si4 really was ..... Enough! Yes, it's undeniablly visually stunning, has oodles of utility compared with the Audi - and I found the drive spirited. But then, my Audi was just the 270 hp version - not an RS version or anything.
The Evoque - the "whole" package is special, and that was enough to blow me away.

2009 Audi Sline 143 PS (with a tuning box), no ball of fire LOL

I also have some other car with a bit more poke, but my daily driver is the Audi
Sd4 auto quicker than the si4??? I doubt that very much!
No, I think he meant the SD4 Auto compared to the manual SD4.
You are right, Paulus599!
Reference URL's