babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Satnav bordering on useless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Evoque's satnav is absolutely useless (and not very easy to use).

This evening on my journey home, it first of all wanted to take me on a route that would have taken SIXTEEN MINUTES longer than my normal route. So I ignored it and after ignoring a further four attempts to get me back on the longer route, it finally gave in and appeared to point me in the 'right' direction.

Then, about 10 mins from home, it suggested a different way. I was intigued, so I followed thinking it was going to take me on some shortcut. It took me TWENTY TWO MINUTES to get home!! The satnav is crap!!!

I would expect the satnav to take me on the quickest route home - why did it keep trying to make me take longer routes? There doesn't appear to be any set-up options like on every other satnav I've used.

It's been nearly two weeks of being confused and frustrated by the Evoque's satnav and I'm about to give-up on it altogether and just go back to a good old AA road map.
I best cross that off my options list.
Having an on board sat Nav is a convenience for a new buyer, but in two-three years an old sat Nav is an almost worthless addition. I just hate to think that the GPS is already so... yikes! Looking forward to buying a Garmin.
That does not sound good . It is a $3,400 AUD option over here. With my Subaru there are the options of road and route preferences. Surely the system would have these options. Lucky I only use my system occasionally
TMC telling satnav there was a hold-up on the shorter route possibly? And I'm sure that updates will be available so that after 2-3 years it is not out of date. On my FL2 satnav, and I think the Evoque is the same, u can get it to show u three routes, with distances and time shown, so u can pick a route. I don't have any issues with my FL2 snav.
Yeah, it doesn't sound good. 2500 EUR option that does less than a 50 EUR Navigon app on the iPad...

I am just wondering if i will have problem with the ipad nav, if i opt for solar insulating glass, which might filter GPS signal...
I could give you a few routes that will trick any GPS system...
Indeed TMC could be the reason for taking other routes than the most efficient one. Did it give you the three options?
No, it didn't give me three options on this occasion. And usually the TMC warning box pops up to tell you the TMC wants to change the route.

Regarding the three route options, why is there not an option to say "By default, just select the quickest route to my destination"?

And when trying to select which of the three, it's very tricky to work out the differences between them. Hmm, one leaf or two...?
There should be a shortest, fastest, motorway, non motorway, TMC options if it is anything like my BMW - could be hidden in settings?
Tenko, the SatNav does give you 3 options, if it's set up properly, it also has preset user defined route options, you need to look at your manual and get into the 'user settings' to set this up, it's quite easy. Once you have selected your preferred option parameters I'm sure your SatNav will work flawlessly as it does in mine. LRs SatNav will normally default to take you over the quickest roads,which is not necessarily the shortest route as this may be over cross country back roads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's