babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Park Assist question - parking on opposite side?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody!

Lucky real users of Evoque with Park Assist, could you please comment if it supports searching for a parking slot not only on the driver's side but on the opposite side as well, in case of one way road? One of Tiguan owner says about VW's implementation of Park Assist: "The clever bit is, if you're in a oneway street and want to park on the opposite side of the road, flicking on the right hand indicator tells the car to look on the right for a suitable park, rather than the left, then does it all for you." Wonder if Evoque does it well too.

And is it worth it, the Park Assist as a whole?
Check
Indeed the indicator tells the vehicle which side it has to check. It can do both sides.
Yes it does.
(03-10-2011 10:02am)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]Check
Indeed the indicator tells the vehicle which side it has to check. It can do both sides.

I can only see in the video that it shows the direction where it's checking, but nothing about switching directions manually...

DynamicRRV says it does, hope it's from personal experience, then I'm happy, thanks Smile.
It is yes.
I seem to recall that it is set to default to look on one side (can't remember which but probably nearside) and that by using the indicator you are telling it to look on the other side.
See manual p.101: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=e...y=CI6orZAE
"When first activated Park Assist searches for a space on the front passenger side of the vehicle. To search for a space on the driver's side, signal a turn in that direction."
Perfect, thanks everybody!

P.S. Just found out that Surround Cameras opt is only available with the Pack, dammit.
Can it check both sides of the road at once? That is what I normally do.
(03-10-2011 12:33pm)LP Wrote: [ -> ]Can it check both sides of the road at once? That is what I normally do.

Laughing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's