babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dented evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Picked up my lovely new car on Saturday and on that very same evening my idiot neighbour decided to park next to it and slam her door right into it! 2 small dents where the paints come off. Only a slight dent in the metal that is visible in some angles. Any advice. Chips away etc. Or dealer. And any idea on cost.
I absolutely cannot believe the disregard some people have - was she so overwhelmed by the looks of your car that she fainted and pushed her door outward ?! At least you know the perpetrator!
I had an anonymous encounter in my secure underground parking two years ago - large scrapes. No one owned up Sad
Sorry can't help with advice but just wanted you to know I feel your frustration! Goodluck!
Very sorry, unbelievable. Has she owned up? I hope she has and has offered to pay.

Is it the door which is damaged? If so, they should be able to get behind the skin and push it out and the touch in the paint. What colour is your car? Sounds like £200 to me.

I'm afraid that with the Evoque being rather wider than normal, we'll see more of this.
Move house! Or at the very least have your neighbour pay for repairs...
claim against her insurance, or get her to pay, but make sure you get to use a bodyshop of your choice as part of any insurance claim.
Pistols at dawn for me.

There are some incredibly stupid people around. Hope they are paying.
Sorry to here of your problem, I used to live in Rugby, the people there would do it on purpose if you had a nice car and especially if you had a 4x4. I am afraid its the way the country is now - b@55t@rds!

Had a similar problem 3 years ago, fortunatly she owned up (witnesses) I insisted it was repaierd by LR, cost her £2k with my costs and hire car.

Best of luck, if all else fails - napalm - you know they deserve it Evil
Thanks guys. Yeah the stupid women denied. But after the evidence of red paint from her car against the black of mine she put her hands up. So annoying. Total disregard. Just cause her car is a pile of sh*t. GGRRR
i Live on one of the Balearic Islands of Spain and i am sure it wont be long before my car will have a scuff or ten, i would say about 90 percent of the cars here are covered with dents, i really don't know if it down to poor driving/parking skills or people just don't care here.
(27-09-2011 10:53am)Rootsboy Wrote: [ -> ]i Live on one of the Balearic Islands of Spain and i am sure it wont be long before my car will have a scuff or ten, i would say about 90 percent of the cars here are covered with dents, i really don't know if it down to poor driving/parking skills or people just don't care here.

Same Problem in gib and Spain, think its more to do with scooters squezzing between cars when they are parked up. Also attitude is different, people don't fix small dings or anything, just the culture here.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's