babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Interior Colour Decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I have now a week before my spec is locked... and I had it all worked out but now I've started to second guess my interior decision. I've order an OG Prestige 5dr plus panormaic roof with Vibe (Black) interior and Ivory headlining. After sitting in a few cars with Vibe interior I'm starting to feel like a makes the inside feel 'compact' (for want of a better word) and a little dark.

I had a test drive in a Prestige with Ambiance (Barolo Black) and I really liked the spacious/luxury feeling it gave. My concern is the brown leather topped dash and brown 'plastic' door trims.....Not sure they really go with OG.

So my dilema is Vibe.... very practical, very safe, a little dark and possibly IMO a very ittle uninspiring against Ambience.... which gives off more of a luxury vibe (forgive the punn) and feeling of more space.

Now I know it's all personal preference with these things but I just wondering what do other people think about Vibe vs' Ambiance

Just for completeness I havn't seen Element interior (in the flesh) anywhere and cannot find a dealer to visit that has it... However I've never been a fan of light grey interiors after too many BMW's with it.
I'm going through the same process albeit on a Pure and in my opinion the paler interiors do look more luxurious and make the interior feel more spacious.

I've seen two OG prestige with Ambience and I don't think the beige/brown works with the cool grey of the OG. I think Ambiance would have worked with Stornoway which to my eye is a "warmer" grey.

I have seen OG/Cirrus on a pure and I've seen Sumatra/Element on a prestige and I think those work much better.
I've had the same doubts: black is too boring and claustrophobic. Personally though I associate the beige Ambience more with classic cars, like (older) Jaguars. I don't think it suits the otherwise modern Evoque well (although it does work with certain colours). So indeed I went for Element. It has the same spacious feeling without the old-fashioned look.
had the same issue with the Dynamic i ordered, went with the pursuit Lunar/ivory interior in the end, but not seen in the flesh and worried its will not look that great. All the demos i have seen had black, so difficult to tell, but agree was a little claustraphobic.
It's a tough one...I've gone for the black interior on the dynamic as it is the most practical and in the hour I spent with it i didn't have a problem with it...

I've had cream interiors with contrast stitching and piping and they have looked much more luxurious...but they also looked 'tired' much more quickly than the black interiors I've had.

It's the little things...if someone gets in the car with a button on the back of their jeans it can snag the leather a little...not noticeable with a black interior...something that has to be put right on a light interior!
(21-09-2011 02:32pm)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the same doubts: black is too boring and claustrophobic. Personally though I associate the beige Ambience more with classic cars, like (older) Jaguars. I don't think it suits the otherwise modern Evoque well (although it does work with certain colours). So indeed I went for Element. It has the same spacious feeling without the old-fashioned look.

I keep thinking about Element but really need to see it .... guess I need to ring some more dealers to see what they have. It's going to be pot luck because the demo and show room cars are all black/vibe ... it's only if they have a customer car in I stand a chance of seeing one
(21-09-2011 03:24pm)Token Wrote: [ -> ]It's a tough one...I've gone for the black interior on the dynamic as it is the most practical and in the hour I spent with it i didn't have a problem with it...

I've had cream interiors with contrast stitching and piping and they have looked much more luxurious...but they also looked 'tired' much more quickly than the black interiors I've had.

It's the little things...if someone gets in the car with a button on the back of their jeans it can snag the leather a little...not noticeable with a black interior...something that has to be put right on a light interior!

Yeah, can't disagree ... I have a four year old daughter so the practicality may need to play a part in my decision
(21-09-2011 02:19pm)wbessada Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going through the same process albeit on a Pure and in my opinion the paler interiors do look more luxurious and make the interior feel more spacious.

I've seen two OG prestige with Ambience and I don't think the beige/brown works with the cool grey of the OG. I think Ambiance would have worked with Stornoway which to my eye is a "warmer" grey.

I have seen OG/Cirrus on a pure and I've seen Sumatra/Element on a prestige and I think those work much better.

Yeah I totally get the warm/cool Stornaway/OG theme..... I really don't think LR have this interior theme right at all. It's very restrictive today's BTO manufacturing method.
My wife has ordered her Evoque in Orkney Grey with the Elements 'Grey' 2 tone Leather with brushed aluminium console and black oak wood.....its a stunning combo and I dont usually like grey interiors at all....

Im jealous as she wont let me have a matching Evoque so my next one due in December will have the same Pimento/Black interior as is in my current Evoque as it is absolutely stunning in the flesh.....very sporty!!!
It's personal choice at the end of the day. I dislike dark/black interiors. Much prefer light, cream leather.
I've gone for ambience (or is it ambiance???) with the ivory headlining and the pan roof. No dark corners in my cars!
I understand the difficulty keeping it clean compared to black, but I'm prepared for that. I've had two Range Rovers with cream/ivory interiors and they've both looked really good after 3 years, but it does require more valeting than a black interior.
I had grey interiors in Range Rovers when my kids were growing up, and since they've flown the nest, I've been indulging in cream leather. Lord help me when the grandkids come along - maybe I'll transport them in the Defender - it's got 12 seats after all!!
Good luck with your choices!!!
ANT
(21-09-2011 07:08pm)blacktrees1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, can't disagree ... I have a four year old daughter so the practicality may need to play a part in my decision

I think you have your answer there. I think practicality will have to win in the end unless you are prepared to do a lot of valetingShocked

My girls are 16 & 19 so have gone for ambience but if they had been 6&3 I would definitley go for the dark leather.

I think the vibe interior will look great with OG especially as you have specced the pano roof which will let more light in.

Whatever your choice its going to look great anyway.SmileSmile
(21-09-2011 01:40pm)blacktrees1 Wrote: [ -> ]My concern is the brown leather topped dash and brown 'plastic' door trims.....Not sure they really go with OG.

My local dealer has one and you are right it doesn't look quite right (to my eyes). I think if your car is being built in December I would go for the Element interior with Cirrus headlining - if you were going for a light interior with OG.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's