babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Manual Gearbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I know a majority of you have spec'd autos, but has anyone gone for the manual?

I was all up for going auto, but my wife felt quite strongly about the fact she wanted a manual. She feels more comfortable with this. Is the manual any good? as it will be mated to a TD4.

I did read on one thread that the auto was sometimes hunting for gears on the TD4 though i think this was in regards to a FL2, has anyone experienced this?

One upside of going for the manual is i can now spec style 7 shadow chrome alloysVery Happy
I have gone for a manual despite wanting the auto. went for the manual as I wanted the extra mpg and the lower tax band...
Went for the manual as well.
Yes Manual for me, i would have gone for the auto, but at 4400 euros more i thought i would leave it.
its expensive enough to buy a new car in Spain.
Yes manual for me aswell,low co2,more mpg, more fun to drive
(21-09-2011 09:39am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote: [ -> ]Yes manual for me aswell,low co2,more mpg, more fun to drive

Road test reports are full of praise for the manual gearbox
Yes Manual for me here as well due the fact I am Self Employed & I can write down 20% of the value of the car against my earnings each year compared to only 10% if I went for the auto.
(21-09-2011 09:26am)Rootsboy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Manual for me, i would have gone for the auto, but at 4400 euros more i thought i would leave it.
its expensive enough to buy a new car in Spain.

I saw spain was expensive when i used the online configurator, for the spec i have finally gone for works out at at close to €43,000, whereas here in gib £34.5k.
Manual as well (eD4....only manual gear !).
More mpg, fun to drive (if You live far from traffic jam) and no expensive replacement (in case of trouble ).

The reports about the manual gear are good (short leverage, rapid up/down, not so smooth as Bmw...)

Any news about clutch? FL owners refer little resistance...

1happydream
Took the plunge and went with the manual.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's