babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Replacing number plates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it sounds daft but as my dealer has put the wrong plates on the car and we are 100 miles away from them it has necessitated them sending me some other plates (the correct ones). The thing is, I'm used to seeing them screwed in but these appear to be stuck on.

Any advice on removing and replacing would be appreciated?
Use dental floss behind the plates to cut off the old plates and then pop down to Maplin for a roll of double sided foam tape or Halfords for a kit comprising of a pack of double sided foam tape strips to stick the new plates on with.
(20-09-2011 10:38pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]Use dental floss behind the plates to cut off the old plates and then pop down to Maplin for a roll of double sided foam tape or Halfords for a kit comprising of a pack of double sided foam tape strips to stick the new plates on with.

Top Banana. thanks so much Blackseries, Sound easy now thanks to you.
I still can't believe your dealer got the plates wrong and left the tax disc out... Shocked

I know mistakes get made but get the basics right...!
Happened to the company I work for Volvo sent out our new (at the time) coaches on 06 plates but only a handful were 06s the rest should have been on 56s.
(20-09-2011 10:51pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I still can't believe your dealer got the plates wrong and left the tax disc out... Shocked

I know mistakes get made but get the basics right...!

And a lot more besides. have a look at my other thread if you've not already seen it. (How was your dealer experience?)

cheers YT
Reference URL's