babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Delayed orders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is my own opinion, but I am getting a little bit fed up to hear people coming onto the forum to tell us they have walked into a dealer and got a build date in the next couple of months when some of us have paid £xxx deposit before the launch or even before specs and prices came out, and we have either not got our car of being told that it will be delayed. LR don't seem to know how to treat customers very well. I hope LR read this Forum because I am really starting to wonder if the wait is really worth it.
Unfortunately my delays are my own doing, changing wheels, adding bits etc, slipped 2 weeks because of it. Should now get it in January some time. My parents have just ordered one same spec as mine and their delivery date is march. Still think it will be worth the wait.
Maybe if they got loads for the uk first off the line..... But most are going out of the uk. You think that would be one perk of getting a British car....
If I were you I would send a letter to LR stating your disappointment (and CC your dealer), however I wouldn't hold any resentment towards forum members.

As it's a new car launch I think teething issues are to be expected but with all the hype surrounding the vehicle I guess it's only natural once finding this forum to shout out your excitement once you have placed an order.

I have to say out of all the forums I have joined this is by far the most welcoming and informative (been great in helping make my decisions)
(19-09-2011 09:02pm)xxxx5 Wrote: [ -> ]This is my own opinion, but I am getting a little bit fed up to hear people coming onto the forum to tell us they have walked into a dealer and got a build date in the next couple of months when some of us have paid £xxx deposit before the launch or even before specs and prices came out, and we have either not got our car of being told that it will be delayed. LR don't seem to know how to treat customers very well. I hope LR read this Forum because I am really starting to wonder if the wait is really worth it.
Your spec is exactly the same as mine xxxx5, I'm hopeful that the likes of you and I who ordered many months back will be ok and that the xenon problem does not hold our order back. Surely people who have ordered xenons in the last 2 months or so should be the only ones who will be disappointed - if not switching to Land Rover for the first time will be a no go so far as I am concerned
Couldn't agree more. I have set a deadline of the end of the year for the car to be delivered and it would be extremely disapointing to walk away from such a fantastic piece of kit. I have been told that my delivery remains the end of October (deposit paid a year ago!) so fingers crossed.

But starting to look at A5 Coupe Quattro as a back up!
Couldn't agree more. I have set a deadline of the end of the year for the car to be delivered and it would be extremely disapointing to walk away from such a fantastic piece of kit. I have been told that my delivery remains the end of October (deposit paid a year ago!) so fingers crossed.

But starting to look at A5 Coupe Quattro as a back up!
Very good point.

Going by the age of most of the people I've seen at the three Evoque events, they wouldn't be around if LR made them wait too long. Long standing customers of the LR who change there cars offen are getting higher on the order list.
(not talking about you Tim Very Happy . You are still the Evoque daddy, not granddaddy)
I am a long standing land rover customer but don't seem to be getting fast tracked through the build process, although I wish I was. The orders should be completed on first come first served basis it's not fair for the guys that have been waiting for the best part of a year for their car.
(19-09-2011 09:23pm)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you I would send a letter to LR stating your disappointment (and CC your dealer), however I wouldn't hold any resentment towards forum members.

As it's a new car launch I think teething issues are to be expected but with all the hype surrounding the vehicle I guess it's only natural once finding this forum to shout out your excitement once you have placed an order.

I have to say out of all the forums I have joined this is by far the most welcoming and informative (been great in helping make my decisions)

My car is a prestige sd4 coupe without extras . I ordered on 04/04 (the first day you could order with a deposit on Jan 10). At the launch day this month my car was showing as 26/09; I went in the following week for a test drive and now it's 23/12! I'm really pissed off with my dealer who never returns calls and constantly fobs me off. My present car also enters year 4 at the end of November, so I'll take a further hit then. Getting tempted to look at something else Sad
I may be mistaken, but it could be that some people are walking into their dealers and luckily getting a cancelled order or build slot, which is in the queue ahead of others on here who have long standing orders.
The other thing that is happening, is that each dealer in the country has received 6 cars - 3 showroom and 3 demonstrators. The dealers are putting these up for sale provided the buyers leave them in the showroom untill the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. So if one of these cars matches your spec, you can get a car very quickly.
I think that anyone walking into a dealership and ordering a car to their own spec may have to wait 6 months or so.
It does feel frustrating to have waited so long and have the imprssion that some people are jumping the queue, but I don;t believe the dealers or LR are up to things like that.
My own opinion of course.
ANTVery HappyVery Happy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's