babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Test drive - SD4 Prestige Coupe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got a test drive this morning in a black SD4 Prestige Coupe....

Only a short 15min drive but came away quite impressed overall. Refinement & ride is def worthy of the Range Rover badge and inside is a very nice place to be! Feels nicely built too - test route involved some bumpy minor roads and ride was still smooth & assured with no creaks, rattles or groans.

Performance is perfectly adequate and lots of low/mid range grunt. Sprint from standing start is reasonable but not startling and maybe less than 187bhp would have you expecting? I think most will be more than satisfied but those coming from higher performance coupes etc may need to consider the petrol model as they may find outright pace disappointing.

That said I'm coming from a Tiguan 170 sport and would more than happy with how it goes... to the extent I think I will stick with TD4 as I don't think it will be huge compromise in real world driving. The Evoque for me is about sitting back and enjoying the experience rather than flat stick everywhere so the TD4 will do just fine.

I also saw my first Pure in the flesh and was very pleased with spec of a base model - in fact came away feeling it would hard to justify the extra cash for a prestige!

Roll on January!
Hi RadioHam,

Was it auto or manual? Cheers
(19-09-2011 04:40pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]Hi RadioHam,

Manual.... I note zero - 60 times are faster for the auto box..
(19-09-2011 05:17pm)RadioHam Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-09-2011 04:40pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]Hi RadioHam,

Manual.... I note zero - 60 times are faster for the auto box..

Yes, about 1.5 seconds quicker, although you do pay a bit more at the pumps. R U definitely after a manual?
and road tax
Yes - manual box .... don't dislike auto's but do dislike extra premium charged to have one! and yes Vinny - then there's the higher RFL costs.
Even if auto was a no cost option I just prefer the driver involvement of a manual change.

My dealers take on the whole TD4 or SD4 dilemma was if you're going auto def the SD4 however if speccing manual box the TD4 is quite close to SD4 in perfromance..... so for that reason I stay on TD4 route!
Like you not keen on the auto but might of been tempted if it was the 8 speed auto box.Think it would decrease fuel consumption and possibly lower co2 bracket as well (i think)
I agree not much difference between TD4 and SD4 manuals but the SD4 auto is a flyer but not a £4000 flyer.
Over here, there is a predominance for Auto's in most prestige vehicles. As such the resale for a manual would be a lot less than an Auto. Interesting different markets and different tastes !

I was a manual person until my last car. The auto is just easier for daily driving in traffic, plus the additional bonus is the wife cant drive manual so if I drink and we take my car she can drive us home Surprised
Reference URL's