babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi I am considering changing my Pure with lots of extras to a Dynamic. My sales guy has said that it would probably alter my delivery date which currently is 12th Jan but he said it is like a lottery & it may bring it forward or may push it back but there is no way he can tell until he changes it on the system.

Has anyone done similar on here & what happened to the delivery date? I really want to go for the Dynamic after seeing it in the flesh rather than spending £3k plus on extras on the Pure but really don't want my order pushed back by 2 months or something similar!

Thanks
Sorry don't have a definite answer but I would put money on it being brought forward! Very wrongly I think Pure customers are being treated badly.
If we all change spec from pure to dynamic or prestige this is a win/win situation for JLR considering their recent short sightedness regarding availability and suitability of components needed to fulfill orders from paying customers.
If you have ordered a pure stick to your guns and hound them to produce the goods on or around the given delivery date,I will!
I agree with Charlie. The Dynamic and Prestige models are, in my opinion, considered to be the flagship models of the range, probably because profit margins are higher.
In launching a product you want profit as soon as possible to reduce costs already incurred in sales and development.
So you might get it quicker.
So why didnt they delay availability of the pure until 2012 just like they have with the 2wd instead of giving false hope to people who have chose the pure models?
I changed from a pure to a Prestige and it brought forward my estimated delivery date by over a month...2nd November now.
I changed from Pure to Prestige, week before last. I think it was classed as an order cancellation, and a new order for the new vehicle. I kept the same build slot though. LR did try to charge me the higher price for the panoramic roof though, but the dealer sorted it....
I have said it before and this probably wont be the last time but I can see the point of changing from pure to dynamic but it beats me why you would change from pure to prestige I just dont get it.
It's a fair point.... For me, the interior of the Prestige was just a little more special than the Pure. I had added loads to a Pure that are standard on a Prestige, so the price difference was not miles away.

I really would like a dynamic, but can't stand the interior choices. You should be able to spec a dynamic exterior pack to a Prestige/Pure.
A Pure + lots of options is still a Pure. A Prestige with the same equipment will have a better sales value after a few years.
And indeed you will never get the Prestige interior quality even in a loaded Pure.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's