babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque Reliability Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Report on PH that a grey one was seen stuck on the M6. I saw one on the hard shoulder of the M40 this morning between Jn 16/15 southbound - white 5 door. Is this how LR have defined the RR part of the Evoque brand Wink

Now I have a FFRR and experienced relaibility issues. I also have an Evoque on order for my wife, so I am very interested to know if any of you that have taken delivery have had any technical problems. I think its worth documenting so if there is a common fault with the Evoque (1) we know what to expect and (2) we can put some public pressure on LR to get their act together. For example, the early RRS was known for electrical problems with the suspension that often caused it to fail completely.

So guys, what are the facts about the Evoque relaibility?
I take your point but at this stage of so few on the road it may be difficult be anything other than speculative without facts.
Certainly worth keeping an eye on it though.
Fingers crossed the JLR reports of extensive testing will result in a reliable vehicle.
Cheers
ph?

there is already a thread on first broken down rre to be spotted.....
FL2 reliability has been much better than RRS or FFRR so I have faith in the Evoque really.
never once had a problem with my RRS...escept on the 07 model on the xenon lights...there was a black unlit patch in the middel, that no one could sort out....byt mechanically they have always been perfect.
We all know that "Lotus" stands for "Lots Of Trouble - Usually Serious". We might have to come up with an equivalent for "Evoque".

I took a car for an MOT today to a garage in Chipping Norton - there was a 4 year old Ford Mondeo with the diesel engine/gearbox out, engine bits all over the floor, a scarcely believable sight. All down to a cracked piston. £3k "at least". I mention this only because the Si4 at least uses a Ford engine...
and the diesel is from a peugeot, also used by ford in the mondeo.
The evoque shares the same components with the most reliable land rover built so I have 100% faith in my evoque. The only land rover that gave me problems was a disco 3, new engine, problems with the EPB all fixed under warranty and ran as sweet as a nut after that, and I lived happily ever after.
Concerning the "Ford" engine, when I was chatting to a LR rep touring North America- he mentioned that LR really discouraged the notion that it was a Ford engine - that LR had "taken over" some of the equipment / technology for engine production but that Ford would not be able to service Evoque engines etc.
I hear that the Ford Ecoboost engine will be seen in the new Ford Explorer - will the LR variant really be that different? I'll post this on the "ask the engineer" thread too.
My uncle has had 2 new engines in his disco 3

He td4 freelander 2 has been trouble free
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's