babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Privacy glass & insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confused.com has a question as to whether privacy glass is "Rear darkened >30%" Any idea how much darker the LR option is?
I have privacy glass on my freelander at the moment, John Lewis insurance said that if it is fitted at time off manufacture then you don't have to list it as an option it's automatically covered.
Had a conversation with Admiral Insurance today. The guy there said that tints >30% are illegal, so the RR factory fit is presumably lighterSmile
(19-09-2011 11:11pm)abcya Wrote: [ -> ]Had a conversation with Admiral Insurance today. The guy there said that tints >30% are illegal, so the RR factory fit is presumably lighterSmile

Surely that would be at the front?
Aye, that's what I thought. Any tint in rear is ok. Just the front where there is a restriction.
The insurance questions relates to modifications, and the application of tinting films. Anything fitted by manufacturers comes under standard spec when insuring the vehicle and hence will not be illegal due to vehicle homologation.
Reference URL's