babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Not sure I want a Pure or even a RRE anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Firstly this will be my 100 post on the forum so far and I have really enjoyed the relaxed friendly atmosphere that everyone has contributed to. This is compared to some other car forums I have been on in my past car history, were it can end up with some very nasty comments about your style of car etc!

I have been really looking forward and excited about the RRE since the LRX concept and finally place a deposit March of this year for a PURE. I can't say the dealer service has been that great compared to the usual german car company I am use to, but I loved the car and I really wanted a RR.

But over the past few weeks I have started to wondering if I am making a big mistake, firstly the dealer open night was very poor compared to some of the events that have been described on here by other members up and down the country, a few drinks 3 cars to view and that was your lot. No gift bag, driving day etc. I didn't feel special given that they have had £2k of my money since March. Secondly the issues over delayed delivery times is a concern, and thirdly if the issue regarding Xenons now being removed from PURE orders becomes reality then I just think I should have gone somewhere else with my money. This was my first time dealing with the LR brand and I must say I am just starting to regret it. If LR want to attract a new type of person to the brand and then retain them, they seriously need to up there game plan. The customer demands more now and expects.

I think the other issue is the quality, I have read a number of posts were people have criticised the leather and door cards in the Pure, is this becoming a poor mans Evoque, I hope not???

Maybe I am just having a bit of a down period, but I am seriously considering what to do next.
I think you have to trust your instincts - have you had a decent test drive yet? My dealer's approach to that may have made the difference for me (they were very happy for me to take the car for the day and covered the insurance) so I now feel I can make an informed decision - and as I've said in the test drive thread I enjoyed the car overall despite one or two wee niggles. I've sat in their showroom Pure and while it's not what I would buy, I was impressed with how it felt for a 'base' model. Do you mind me asking - you've added a big spec and I'm guessing that ups the price quite a bit towards Prestige / Dynamic territory - are you keen to keep yours 2WD? Just interested.
(17-09-2011 10:36am)bogstomper Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have to trust your instincts - have you had a decent test drive yet? My dealer's approach to that may have made the difference for me (they were very happy for me to take the car for the day and covered the insurance) so I now feel I can make an informed decision - and as I've said in the test drive thread I enjoyed the car overall despite one or two wee niggles. I've sat in their showroom Pure and while it's not what I would buy, I was impressed with how it felt for a 'base' model. Do you mind me asking - you've added a big spec and I'm guessing that ups the price quite a bit towards Prestige / Dynamic territory - are you keen to keep yours 2WD? Just interested.

Mine is a 4wd, and yes I have had a number of test drives all be it in Prestige.
Ah - I missed the TD4 in your signature - oops. I think unfortunately there will be dealers out there who know that demand will outstrip supply for a while so won't see the need to try too hard. If you like the car I don't think that would put me off, although I might be tempted to see if I could switch my business to another dealer - guess that would mean waiting longer though. Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been more positive.
I am going pretty much for the same spec as you, and managed to have a good look in a pure, right next to a prestige, and the difference in quality in leather door cards etc is negligible, so in this respect i would not worry too much.

As for the xenons issue, spoke to my dealer, and as they also provide all the tax free sales for RR worldwide, he wasn't too concerned, apparently LR have a reputation for being overly conservative in these matters.
just ordered my 2wd pure white yesterday ! and my dealer here in the netherlands
was very happy and did his very best for everything
i already see the car 3 times, and drove already 2 times in the last month
so i'm convinced that i wil drive my rre in januar !
xxxx5...see my post in xenon delays....I know it is so tempting to tell 'em to stuff it...and they deserve it, but don't cut the nose to spite the face....hard i know....
thanks defender UK
I have a pure coupe on order with xenons,rear camera and panoramic roof and due to recent bad news concerning all three options I am waiting each day for the next bombshell to hit!
All I need now is for them to run out of privacy glass and 20'' style 6 alloys and I should be left with something resembling a suzuki jimny!Laughing
Personally I think the pure interior is fine couldn't really see a big difference between the pure and prestige.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's