babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Factory Quality Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Problem at factory has seen a batch of early dynamic and prestige cars accidentally built without their standard fit rear view cameras. Missed all quality checks and cars released from factory.

Anybody here affected?
Nope mine works fine !
(16-09-2011 09:19pm)bennno Wrote: [ -> ]Problem at factory has seen a batch of early dynamic and prestige cars accidentally built without their standard fit rear view cameras. Missed all quality checks and cars released from factory.

Anybody here affected?

How good is your source. Cheers YT
Its affected my car and I've seen an internal LR memo confirming their awareness of the situation, so the source isn't relevant.

Shocking that cars can go out of the factory built wrong and nobody notice during the quality checks.

How much is a supposedly standard missing rear view camera worth at the time of resale?
I bought a Lotus Elise new in 1998. Wondered why it was steaming up... The fan had been wired the wrongvway so it sucked instead of blew. Poor for demisting the windscreen
My Evoque collected yesterday is perfect.

If your Evoque is missing this standard part I am sure LR will either retro fit the unit or provide you with a replacement car, Id pursue this claim in writing via your Dealership in the first instance...

Hope all works out for you....
You would have thought that they would have been extra careful with the first cars....making sure all was correct and checking systems in place...doesn't offer much hope for when the build is in full swing and everyone has become complacent in six months time!
(17-09-2011 09:43am)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]My Evoque collected yesterday is perfect.

If your Evoque is missing this standard part I am sure LR will either retro fit the unit or provide you with a replacement car, Id pursue this claim in writing via your Dealership in the first instance...

No, cannot be retrospectively corrected and no replacement cars are available. LR offer is a refund or £600.

Mine is not unique.
(17-09-2011 12:09pm)bennno Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-09-2011 09:43am)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]My Evoque collected yesterday is perfect.

No, cannot be retrospectively corrected and no replacement cars are available. LR offer is a refund or £600.

Mine is not unique.

If it can't be retrofitted that suggests your car may have the wrong wiring loom. Have they confirmed in writing that it's just the camera missing?
All they have confirmed is that it was a production error on a batch of cars and cannot be retrospectively resolved. I wasn't told till I had paid and was at the dealer collecting the car.

I have asked for a correctly built replacement, but have been told its a refund + 6 month wait or a goodwill payment of £600. Neither of these proposals seems fair.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's