babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque: Rattling vibrations coming from center console or vents?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! My RR Evoque from 2012 started making some rattling sounds coming from the middle console or vents.

I already removed the passenger dashboard and looked behind the navigation to check the cables and screws. Everything seems to be okay there. On assembling I tightended all the screws. Still that rattling sound is coming from the middle of the car.

This noise started when driving on rough streets like cobblestone. It wasn't there before! After some weeks now it also is hearable when pushing the throttle or driving over a small bump. It is getting more and more annoying with every week.

It is hard to locate, but since the console seems to be okay, it might be coming from the vents for A/C? Anybody had this problem before and knows how to fix it?

Thanks!
I can commiserate but not help, sorry. Sounds wicked annoying.
Noises are such tricky things as you don't hear them from where they come from... firstly remove ALL your stuff from ALL the cubby boxes, armrest pocket, boot etc, then put all the rear seats down and remove the parcel shelf. If you still have noise you've eliminated the normal things and can start to trace, usually requires 2 people, 1 to drive the other to prob, prod, prod... Roof lining, seatbelt areas, trim, dash, door cards etc etc... Wedge card in the joins between trims, especially the rear quarter-light trims

Good luck, it drives me mad, and is nearly always something stupid.
Alright, thanks a lot so far.
Only other thing I could do, is turn up the music - I guess. Wink
Reference URL's