babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Pure Halogen DRLs are "dipped" lights??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just received below from Nick@Landrover which appears to differ from info others have posted about the Pure having a single LED DRL. Has anyone else seen a production Pure with halogens?

Thanks!

Nick@LandRover Wrote:Hi William,

Thank you for your patience. Since my last message I have been contacting dealerships around the country who have taken delivery of a Pure Evoque for their showrooms to see if they have halogen lights specified.

Unfortunately like Lookers Park Royal on the forum, the dealerships who have had vehicles sent from Land Rover all have Xenon Headlights specified so I have not been able to get a photograph of a Pure Evoque with the Halogen DRL's turned on.

Understanding that this will be disappointing for you, I've asked for information on the DRL's.. I have been advised that on specifications where LED lights are not fitted the DRL is the halogen dipped lighting setting.

When your local dealership begins to take deliveries of the Pure they may be able to get some images if they have a vehicle with Halogens to show you however until that time I cannot provide you with an image.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Nick
if that's the case I am glad I ordered xenons on my pure!
me too!
Me Three, but there is meant to be delays due to xenon light shortages read on the other threads. But delivery on my pure has come forward to mid Oct so Iam confused.
Me Four - my Pure is still, currently, timetabled for mid oct build, delivery end oct.
Please see the following pictures (Pure without Xenon lights):
(14-09-2011 12:16pm)wbessada Wrote: [ -> ]Just received below from Nick@Landrover which appears to differ from info others have posted about the Pure having a single LED DRL. Has anyone else seen a production Pure with halogens?

Thanks!

Thank you for your patience. Since my last message I have been contacting dealerships around the country who have taken delivery of a Pure Evoque for their showrooms to see if they have halogen lights specified.

Unfortunately like Lookers Park Royal on the forum, the dealerships who have had vehicles sent from Land Rover all have Xenon Headlights specified so I have not been able to get a photograph of a Pure Evoque with the Halogen DRL's turned on.

Understanding that this will be disappointing for you, I've asked for information on the DRL's.. I have been advised that on specifications where LED lights are not fitted the DRL is the halogen dipped lighting setting.

When your local dealership begins to take deliveries of the Pure they may be able to get some images if they have a vehicle with Halogens to show you however until that time I cannot provide you with an image.

Regards

Nick

I'm confused now -

The Handbook states that DRL's are LED's (no mention of this being Pure/Prestige/Dynamic specific) - when I asked Evoquemaker about this in one of the ealry threads it was confirmed that the DRL's on UK are all LED - with Dynamic and Prestige having Signature LED's.

See post#10 on link

Could it be possible that here are cars supplied for markets withno LED's so the Halogeon bulbs would have to be used as
DRL's. There is also a picture on the forum of a green pure with what looks like non signature LED's.

See post 15 on link
and pictures on link
(14-09-2011 03:58pm)Acwats Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2011 12:16pm)wbessada Wrote: [ -> ]Just received below from Nick@Landrover which appears to differ from info others have posted about the Pure having a single LED DRL. Has anyone else seen a production Pure with halogens?

Thanks!

Regards

Nick

I'm confused now -

The Handbook states that DRL's are LED's (no mention of this being Pure/Prestige/Dynamic specific) - when I asked Evoquemaker about this in one of the ealry threads it was confirmed that the DRL's on UK are all LED - with Dynamic and Prestige having Signature LED's.

See post#10 on link

Could it be possible that here are cars supplied for markets withno LED's so the Halogeon bulbs would have to be used as
DRL's. There is also a picture on the forum of a green pure with what looks like non signature LED's.

See post 15 on link
and pictures on link
All have LED DRL's. The only diffrence are the design, signature or single as seen the above pictures in the previous post.
(14-09-2011 03:55pm)RRE Wrote: [ -> ]Please see the following pictures (Pure without Xenon lights):

Thanks so much to you all for the pics and links. Just what I looking for! I'm amazed tha Nick from LR couldn't produce the same info and hasn't been able to produce a photo!
(14-09-2011 03:55pm)RRE Wrote: [ -> ]Please see the following pictures (Pure without Xenon lights):

I suspect I am in the minority - but I like this minimalist look. Signature LEDs are being seen on many cars these days and I think what looks trendy today might look a little bit like jaded bling in a couple of years (hello Mercedes Shocked )
Reference URL's