babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Replacement tyres - for all weather - recommendations please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So they are! Apologies. Couldn't remember seeing that when I bought mine a year ago.
Thanks all, am having the Pirelli Verdi AS 103 tyres fitted today. I appreciate your guidance. Happy motoring.
so the difference between the 99v and 103 is all for towing load?
Mine are 103 LR OEM, 99 weren't LR OEM when I was looking!

Pirelli Website now only shows for the Evoque a 235/55 profile 105V Scorpion Verde or a 245/45 99V Cinturato P7 All Season, and not a summer or Winter option at all Rolling Eyes

Not confusing at all is it...
(15-09-2017 11:52am)L18ESK Wrote: [ -> ]so the difference between the 99v and 103 is all for towing load?

No. The 103s can be inflated to a higher pressure to support a heavier car (not trailer - that has its own tyres). You would have to overload your car, to well over 3000kg (maximum allowable weight 2350kg), before it was worth having 103XL tyres, and you would have to inflate them well above the usual pressure too. Being so overloaded, the suspension would be in trouble and the car would handle awfully.

I.E. there is no advantage to getting 103 tyres, unless they are cheaper or all that's available.

(note: relates to 20" tyres only, other sizes have different recommended load indexes).
cool thanks
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's