babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: First viewing - initial thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had a good nosy round the dealership at the weekend and came away with a good feeling about the car.

Some thoughts though:

A few pieces of cheap trim let the interior down in my view - the black shiny cup holder slider was awfully flimsy and the back of the seats string magazine holder was not worthy of a car a quarter of its price - why oh why do they do this? it would have cost them no more than a couple of quid to source better components.

I am getting a dynamic and I am relieved at this as the 3 prestige leather seats that I saw were very poorly made and the leather sagged and rippled in all the ones I examined.

All the cars but one were fitted with conti cross contact and this has zero side wall protection for the alloys. I can envisage a lot of kerbed alloy forum posts very soon!

There was one petrol turbo model that had dunlops (or michellins? one of the two! I forget!) on its 20" and these had excellent protection for the alloys - a good half inch of it - I wonder how we go about getting these fitted as standard!
Congrats!

Which model(s) did you look at? Dynamic? Did it have regular or sports seats, i.e. was the quality of the regular Dynamic seats any better?
Which tyres you get seems to be a bit of a lottery, I agree with you about the "I've suffed a wheel - again" posts. Perhaps there should be a separate forum for them to keep the wailing and knashing of teeth in one place.

Perhaps Duckworth could source a "I wear my scuffs with pride" badge...
(13-09-2011 12:39am)memota Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats!

Which model(s) did you look at? Dynamic? Did it have regular or sports seats, i.e. was the quality of the regular Dynamic seats any better?

We have a dynamic on order; I just preferred the regular Dynamic seats and not the leather on the prestige models - all just a matter of taste I guess.
Reference URL's