babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: RSE anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ordered the rear seat entertainment system?

I have a week or so to finalise my order and I currently have it listed as an extra. The dealer didn't know much at all about how it works in terms of can you watch a film directly from a DVD disc or does all the media have to be loaded onto a memory stick? And where would you load the disc etc?

Any info on the system would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ali Very Happy
I think it's a very expensive option, requiring as it does the sound upgrade. Much better to give the rear seat passengers an iPad. Plus, you'll get next to nothing for it on resale.
My 2p worth...

I am going on the system that's in my 2011 Range Rover so it is slightly different...

The Land Rover Hybrid TV Tuner where I live (in rural countryside down south) is a massive massive step up compared to the likes of BMW's. The TV tuner actually comes standard on the Range Rover and I don't believe this does on the Evoque. If the RSE pack includes this and if you have dual view...go for it. The RSE system does keep people occupied in the back but I guess you have to know how many times it will get used. Mine gets used very infrequently but I'd still have it again over an iPad because it's fully integrated. The DVD system is good and it remembers which disk and which spot you were in, even if it hasn't been used for weeks. You also have access to DAB, FM/AM, CD Changer, USB, iPod etc through the system so you can listen to a different audio source to the car's speakers if you wish.
Reference URL's