babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Test drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had my test drive today at 1pm, and have to say car was fantastic like no other land rover I have driven. IMO the car felt very precise and well mannered on the road. It was a Sumatra black prestige coupe SD4 manual, the gearbox felt very smooth and the car overall seemed very solid. Can't wait for mine to come been told should get it by 10th January. Other than the dynamics all cars had 19s on which I thought was perfect, so have went for style 4 rather than standard 18s.
I too had a test drive today. We were in a grey (don't even want to guess which variant) SD4 Auto 5 door prestige running on 19's with the panoramic sun roof.

Loved it basically.

Steering was very responsive, handling was excellent, visibility was actually better than I thought it would be - I actually think the wing mirrors look just about right. The ride height was great although you cant quite see where the bonnet ends - guess that's what the sensors are for. Power was good although it was noticeable that acceleration is weaker than our current 525d.

Space wise, the 2 guys from the dealer looked happy enough in the back seats although one did go a little red when my wife activated his phonebook via the steering wheel to show "The Sexy Bunny" for all to see on the centre consoleSmile - We all stayed quiet - classic

Shame they had no red examples as I am tempted to switch from Fuji and could not show SWMBO
BOBM4N - the anecdote about the phone book made my day.
We should have rung her (or him....)
(09-09-2011 05:10pm)BOBM4N Wrote: [ -> ]Space wise, the 2 guys from the dealer looked happy enough in the back seats although one did go a little red when my wife activated his phonebook via the steering wheel to show "The Sexy Bunny" for all to see on the centre consoleSmile - We all stayed quiet - classic

Legend...classic moment...it's what Fridays are for! Twisted Evil
Hey J77 it dawned on me last night I seen you at stratstones event.Was only when I went out to get my phone from the car I spotted the reg number of the car next to mine.I looked for you when I came in but got sidetracked by some of the salesmen.
My silver bmw coupe was parked next to you in the car park.
hope to bump into you again sometime and will say hello Very Happy
I do remember a silver BMW next to me, so hopefully bump into each other again. Have you had a test drive yet car is amazing?
sunday at 13.00,also in the sd4 manual so probably the black one you drove[/i]
Reference URL's