Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4????
berlin2011

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4????

Could be that you got a non-UK spec car? I know in SA (and suspect a lot of other markets) the SD4 only has a single tailpipe.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
16-05-2012 06:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(16-05-2012 06:42pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Could be that you got a non-UK spec car? I know in SA (and suspect a lot of other markets) the SD4 only has a single tailpipe.

Didn't know that! Either way, not good for Mudi1
(16-05-2012 06:31pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  I drove it to the dealers for a check ! Annoyed they didn't take my word for it but oh well. They got onto Halewoods for a response and one of them checked the rest of the spec. in case something else was not right. It most definitely should have the twin and one is being fitted tomorrow (Harwoods will pick up car and drop back, so no time wasted for me).

I will get the answer tomorrow as to why, (& will post for your info), but it is sad for those that have this and are unaware.

Again thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. maybe it won't sound so much like a taxi when the proper exhaust is on!

Great News!

But it will still sound like an old black cab thoughLaughingLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 08:40pm by THEMACS.)
16-05-2012 08:38pm
xxxx5

Good news that it is being sorted, but this raises some real concerns over the QA process at the factory, this means that the wrong exhaust was fitted along with the bumper, they poor indeed.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-05-2012 08:42pm
THEMACS

(16-05-2012 08:42pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Good news that it is being sorted, but this raises some real concerns over the QA process at the factory, this means that the wrong exhaust was fitted along with the bumper, they poor indeed.

I think they fitted the Right Bumper,it just had a Hole where the other exhaust should have beenExclamation

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 10:15pm by THEMACS.)
16-05-2012 09:02pm
deadliner

(01-05-2012 03:09pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Can you actually get a TD4 Dynamic??Shocked

Yes you can, I did Smile (Still waiting for it though). In UK, there is difference 1k GBP between 150HP engine and 190HP engine. Here in Slovakia it is about 3K euro. So perhaps in UK they decided to go straight for 190HP engine in dynamics, because no one would order 150HP anyway. But if the difference is 3K? And possible remap? ... And yes TD4 has two tail pipes but only one is (left one) is actually working, the second is fake.

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
16-05-2012 10:04pm
Mudi1

(16-05-2012 06:42pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Could be that you got a non-UK spec car? I know in SA (and suspect a lot of other markets) the SD4 only has a single tailpipe.

I will definitely raise this question. Although I would have thought that if any of the range has a single exhaust, they would not have a bumper shaped to fit a double as I have. It looks odd otherwise.

The existing tailpipe is placed on the left, which I presume is standard for UK (so protruding smoke does not impact directly on the driver behind's line of vision).

Still waiting for the call at this point.
17-05-2012 11:39am
J77

(16-05-2012 10:04pm)deadliner Wrote:  Yes you can, I did Smile (Still waiting for it though). In UK, there is difference 1k GBP between 150HP engine and 190HP engine. Here in Slovakia it is about 3K euro. So perhaps in UK they decided to go straight for 190HP engine in dynamics, because no one would order 150HP anyway. But if the difference is 3K? And possible remap? ... And yes TD4 has two tail pipes but only one is (left one) is actually working, the second is fake.

TD4 dynamic not available in the UK.

This must be the biggest cock up yet, I think this will take some beating. A least for us singletons it's good to know its a straight swap to the twins. I asked my dealer and they just looked at me as if I had just come from another planet.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-05-2012 11:49am
Mudi1

I was told I had a TD4 single exhaust fitted by mistake instead of the SD4 twin!

Halewoods have launched an inquiry as to why and if others are affected and why quality control at both factory and dealership failed to spot the glaringly obvious missing part.

I was told it was probably plain old human error, with the rate they are building them it is hardly surprising. No problem really, I had the replacement done today.

Miffed though that the dealer used a quart tank of fuel to collect and return and didn't replace for what was no fault of mine.

Nice thing about it is that I notified them one day and it was recified the next. Excellent.
17-05-2012 11:06pm
MartinP

Pleased that you got things sorted out so quickly Mudi, we can't have club members getting messed about! I didn't think I would have to count the exhaust pipes as part of my pre delivery inspection but I t looks like I will have to!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-05-2012 05:56am
Mudi1

(18-05-2012 05:56am)MartinP Wrote:  Pleased that you got things sorted out so quickly Mudi, we can't have club members getting messed about! I didn't think I would have to count the exhaust pipes as part of my pre delivery inspection but I t looks like I will have to!

Ha, and today's your day Martin, yippee so pleased for you. Hope it goes perfectly.
18-05-2012 06:26am