Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v power diesel fuel , evoque appears to like it
Jonathon555

v power diesel fuel , evoque appears to like it

Ran a tank of v power diesel through the car. The performance increase was noticeable , the pick up from 70 mph was easy to notice. The economy increase was 3 mpg.

I refilled the car with regular diesel for the next tank , the economy dropped back to same as ever and the car felt slower.

Has anybody else tried the higher performance fuels ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
02-08-2012 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: v power diesel fuel , evoque appears to like it

Got to say I also noticed this recently, was going to test again when the tank is empty and have a long continues drive. With v power I did notice the pickup was a lot more responsive.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
02-08-2012 08:44pm
speary

I used to use Shell Vpower Petrol in my prevoius car and understood how that increased performance because of the higher octane rating.
How does this work with V Power diesel ?

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-08-2012 01:30pm
Jonathon555

(06-08-2012 01:30pm)speary Wrote:  I used to use Shell Vpower Petrol in my prevoius car and understood how that increased performance because of the higher octane rating.
How does this work with V Power diesel ?

Higher cetane content

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
06-08-2012 02:41pm
smayo

I read somewhere that it is not wholly produced from crude, but also partially from something else which makes it cleaner.
Any increased mpg could therefore be down to the DPF regenerating less often?

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
06-08-2012 02:45pm