Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
taillight pinout
Rein

taillight pinout

For a future mod i'm trying to understand how the tailllights of the evoque work. The indicator and reverse bulb is straight forward. A 12v and ground circuit.
The brake and tail leds pose a problem. There is a pcb in the taillight housing for the leds. Does anyone know if this is just for the powering of the leds or does it have something to do with the change between the taillight function and the brake function. A while ago I went at it with my multimeter , but I couldn't get a +12v reading for the taillight/brake function. Are these the same leds for both functions and are they controlled via PWM (hence the pcb) or does it create a false reading because I measured at the connector of the harnass (car side) without the light cluster attached. (no load)

I will try again when I have the time to get the cluster from the car and test it on the kitchen tableTongue Out with a seperate power supply.

Does anyone have some more info on the subject?

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
16-12-2015 08:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: taillight pinout

As far as I'm aware, (but I don't know for sure) the lights output of the ECU Command module is from FET's so should be a 12V supply, I imagine the Circuit board in the light holds LED drivers and connector places for the LED's, so would expect there to be a 12V supply on the car loom, although you may need some form of load to get the FET to switch on.

This is why there are no Fuses for the main lights.

I believe there are separate Pins for Brake and Tail lights in the connector and so would not expect a linked function. Also I would not expect the output of the Command module to be PWM just for Brake and Tail.

But that's all my assumption and not knowledge of the Evoque itself. And i'd be interested in whatever you manage to find out.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-12-2015 01:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rein

(17-12-2015 01:21pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  And i'd be interested in whatever you manage to find out.

You were right with your assumptions Very Happy

When looking at the back of the taillight, there is a connector with 6 spaces, but only 5 pins. There seems to be another hole at the backside of the taillight, but it is covered with a sticker. Maybe an extra light for other regions, hence the empty spot in the connector.

On my EU evoque, the taillight connector wire colors are:

Red: Brake
Green: Tail
White: Reverse
Yellow: Indicator
Brown: Ground

With 12v over the ground and individual pins, I could get them to light up.

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
17-12-2015 05:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Cheers Thumbs Up

What's you project?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-12-2015 10:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply