Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i change my colour?
ED209

should i change my colour?

My order has been in for a while - 5 door pure td4 in white with only spare wheel, front fogs, auto wipers/lights, mats specced as extras.

White has always been the colour i wanted, however after having a test drive the other day i have a dilemma. I really liked the look of orkney grey. Now i was always spending more or less the max of what i wanted to without £550 for metallic paint.

So should i change my colour?? I was thinking maybe remove the fogs (they look good but would never get used) and then go for metallic instead?? oh what to do?
17-09-2011 11:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: should i change my colour?

(17-09-2011 11:09am)ED209 Wrote:  My order has been in for a while - 5 door pure td4 in white with only spare wheel, front fogs, auto wipers/lights, mats specced as extras.

White has always been the colour i wanted, however after having a test drive the other day i have a dilemma. I really liked the look of orkney grey. Now i was always spending more or less the max of what i wanted to without £550 for metallic paint.

So should i change my colour?? I was thinking maybe remove the fogs (they look good but would never get used) and then go for metallic instead?? oh what to do?

dont remove the fogs, you will end up with grey plastic trim and I personally don't think that looks great.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
17-09-2011 11:17am
LP

I agree...the fogs make a big difference to the face of the car....

...having said that, you could probably easily fit the fogs afterwards.
17-09-2011 11:54am
bluebear

In my opinion no. I agree with xxxx5's comment regarding the fogs but (and I know there are many fans of orkney grey on here, so aplogies to them!) I have only seen two colours on the road - grey and white and I have no doubts at all about ordering the white, by far the more striking of the two, in fact if I'm honest I thought the grey made the car a little blander.

As I said, just my opinion, and yes I have ordered Fuji White!

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
jitenc

personally, i like the white.... its one of the whitest white... and it sure stands out amonst the crowd. i would have gone for the red... but its too much in your face..... grey is suttle... it blends in with the black, and greys and silver....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
berlin2011

Tough one… if it was a Prestige, no brainer, the metallic paint is already included so OG all the way. Would I swap the fog lights for the metallic on a Pure? Probably yes - the fog lights can easily be added six months from now (and likely at a price less than the 550 option when the parts dealers start carrying stock). Changing the paint not so easy…

That said, I am biased (about OG) but to my mind it just adds a depth the white does not provide. It interacts a lot more with light and you get some very striking differences in shade depending on the angles.

[Image: 6152590389_20e08bf662_b.jpg]

[Image: 6152590941_c8dd702024_b.jpg]

That said, both are really nice.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
17-09-2011 12:16pm
Daigriff

I'd keep the white, and also the fogs as the evoque looks odd without them IMHO, and use the metallic paint money saving towards a pano roof.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
17-09-2011 02:15pm
RadioHam

Stay with white, keep the fogs & spec 19" Style 4's instead of forking out for OG....

Pure 5 door manual TD4 in Fuji/Ebony - front fogs, tow bar & spare wheel - January Deliv.
17-09-2011 05:33pm
CSJ

I saw a White pure with fogs last week and it looked great!

I have some pics of it but can't work out how to upload at the moment.

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
17-09-2011 06:37pm
Evoqess

Ha, this should have been a poll! Are you really asking other people what color to choose when we might all be the worst dressers with poor taste lol! Doubtful I guess, as we have congregated for the Evoque cause.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I've had white vehicles before and am again with the Evoque - I like the pristine nature of white and do think it suits the style. Black and grays will tend to blend in with moving traffic especially on a dreary day - that's ok too, not everyone wants to stand out. Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
17-09-2011 06:50pm