Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
is it really hard to maintain evoque?
tash

RE: is it really hard to maintain evoque?

(16-03-2013 02:24pm)AandM1228 Wrote:  Yes. 4 years or 50,000 miles... Whichever comes first. Is it different for the UK??

Think it's 3yr or 60,000 here.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
16-03-2013 04:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

Almost 3k and 4.5 months everything running really smoothly! Always looking for an excuse to drive these days and I started moaning that my car journey to work is only 10 minutes! lol
16-03-2013 11:38pm
scrannel

My US dealer is beyond great and, partly due to this, we are on our 8th LR product. Early to tell on the Evoque, but if it has an Achilles' heel it's the CANBUS electrical system; but seems less of an issue on the petrol cars, as we have in the states.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
17-03-2013 01:23am
kirstenll

Thanks again for you guys sharing your experience. It does not sound as bad as i expected.
18-03-2013 08:10am
timhum

10 months and 13k miles and no issues at all. Over 45 years of motoring I've had cars of many makes that have been are both reliable and unreliable; Early Discos we owned were not so good but a Disco 3, Freelander 2 and now the Evoque have all been as good as any rival brands.
Tim
26-03-2013 09:32pm
Kojak

(16-03-2013 11:38pm)Tulabb Wrote:  Almost 3k and 4.5 months everything running really smoothly! Always looking for an excuse to drive these days and I started moaning that my car journey to work is only 10 minutes! lol

LOL

What part of Hampshire?
If I see you I will give you a wave.
I have waved to 3 evoques since being in mine and not one returned acknowledgement so far...
Nice to know there are others in my part of the world who's Evoque makes them smile.

Koj

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
29-03-2013 08:28am
caroline11000

Had mine a year now with no problems!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
29-03-2013 11:38am
tash

Evoques been back for two days, booked in for a week to go back for a new gearbox, cables changed and adjusted previously, new alternator belt tensioner and for the headlining out to find the source of the rattles.

Had rear bushes greased and centre console tightened over the last two days so has helped, but the rattle on the drivers door from the tweeter area is still there, a good thump 1 to 2 times on my journey to work sorts it.

Only another 60k miles to go before the Evoques gone, if it makes it at this rate, will end up like Triggers broom.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
09-04-2013 06:01pm
chris taylor

Hi
i bought mine in nov 2011 and have had no reliability issues and what other car can give you the feel good factor of the evoque,i love it and am sure you would to.
09-04-2013 10:22pm
jjgray

To the ones who say all brands have issues, well yes and no. You're just kidding yourselves if you think all brands are equal in reliability. The Which & other surveys are very clear what brands are reliable and what aren't.
10-04-2013 11:28pm