Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
evoque depreciation
chris taylor

evoque depreciation

Very disappointed with dealer prices on my evoque
sd4 dynamic orkney grey oct 2011/with pan roof/shadow alloys/spare wheel/ebony headlining/blind spot monitor /bi xeons/solar glass.
the price ranged from 30,000 to 32000 for a car with 8000 miles and and condition as new .
this depreciation and dealers unwilling to give a sensible price has left me feeling a bit let down by the brand
we were looking to sell and possibly buy again when the new engines and gear box has been out for a short while and any problems have been resolved. but after the appalling offers from dealers, we may not bother returning to the brand as we had previously hoped. we hoped to be repeat land rover customers and as such would expect a reasonable price for our car but as it turned out the 'we buy any car' websites offered up to £5,000 more than land rover dealerships giving a possible mark up of £7,000 on the forecourt which is frankly not good enough. we thought this maybe was a good time to sell as of up coming improvements and dread to think of the drop in value with the new registrations coming out.
29-07-2013 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: evoque depreciation

Don't think it's just Land Rover. I bought an Audi A4 avant a fair few years ago. 6 months after buying we moved and required a slightly bigger car. Audi offered me 16k less than list(60% retained value on a car supposed to retain 60% after 3 yrs) and a full 10k less than a second hand avant in their showroom that was older, higher mileage and didn't have satnav, full leather, electric memory seats etc.
needless to say I didn't swap for another Audi, and traded it in against an Evoque 6 1/2 years later.
Have you tried any other LR dealerships? If you love the car, don't be put off by a dealer who, hopefully, you won't have to see again
29-07-2013 11:20pm
PhilSkill

Dealers are not interested in second hand cars, they just offer a convienient way to offload your old car immediately you pick your new car up, so you are never going to get a good price.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-07-2013 11:45pm
Wife's car

Yet another way for Land Rover to extract the urine from its customers...
30-07-2013 08:05am
JackSteel

You never get a good deal doing part exchange, as Phil and Craig say. You are paying for the convenience of leaving your car and getting a new one.

Why Wife's car has such a negative view on LR when all dealers do it, I am not sure, but thank them for their useful comment!!
30-07-2013 08:55am
RRSteve

If you buy a brand new car it's always advisable to keep it for 2 to 3 years as the depreciation becomes more realistic. If you drove your new car out of the showroom and drove it straight back in to sell back you would be shocked at the price difference! One reason I stopped buying new a few years ago. I always buy 1-2 year old ex-dealer cars now!

The problem a dealer has is they have to sell it at an attractive enough price for someone to buy over a new one! 6 month to 1 year old cars people will sometimes buy new instead so they would never sell them on!
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 11:03am by RRSteve.)
30-07-2013 11:00am
Craig_d1

don't think the 5 yrs service pack will do any favours fotr depreciation on a car without it also. why buy nearly new only to have to pay clodse to 2k for 5 yrs of servicing when you can buy new and get it for £499. i'd be using tha\t as a bargaining tool on a nearly new to drive the price down, so a dealer would need to factor that in too
30-07-2013 12:12pm
PhilSkill

Indeed, I love my Evoque, but nothing annoys me more about the ownership than the fact I can't get the service plan retro-purchased on mine... Mind you the purchase price was a fair bit cheaper than it is now, so I don't let it spoil my day Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-07-2013 12:34pm
Wife's car

(30-07-2013 08:55am)JackSteel Wrote:  You never get a good deal doing part exchange, as Phil and Craig say. You are paying for the convenience of leaving your car and getting a new one.

Why Wife's car has such a negative view on LR when all dealers do it, I am not sure, but thank them for their useful comment!!

I have a negative view on LR because I and plenty of others on the Evoque forums, have had very poor experiences with some dealers, it's not aimed at LR directly but the dealers.
As an example a dealer offered me a price for my part ex £3000 less than I got for it with a cash sale at another dealer.
It appears to be a car thing, I have bought and sold motorcycles via main dealers for over 20 years and never felt ripped off. It's only my views.
30-07-2013 01:54pm
chapmac

evoque depreciation

(30-07-2013 12:12pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  don't think the 5 yrs service pack will do any favours fotr depreciation on a car without it also. why buy nearly new only to have to pay clodse to 2k for 5 yrs of servicing when you can buy new and get it for £499. i'd be using tha\t as a bargaining tool on a nearly new to drive the price down, so a dealer would need to factor that in too

Couldn't agree more. When I bought mine it was a toss up between a year old sd4 or brand new ed4 with the service plan. The new car worked out much cheaper over the long term to run even without factoring in the lower tuning costs of the ed4.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
30-07-2013 02:02pm