Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Xenon's on a Pure
doug

RE: Xenon's on a Pure

(13-11-2011 12:49pm)johnboy Wrote:  Does anyone know if you can get xenons as an after fit, as my dealer when ordering Pure told me that LR had pulled the plug on xenons on the pure.
I know it would more than likely cost more as a retro fit, but as the saying goes " I want them" they do look so good on the front with the led's

It's not only two complete headlight units, but you will need the headlight washer jets as well (it's the law in the UK).cutting these in to the front bumper would not be a DIY job.
You would need to check that the wiring harness is the same.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
13-11-2011 01:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

I have asked Pete at bell auto services to comment

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-11-2011 01:46pm
fam1x

(13-11-2011 12:49pm)johnboy Wrote:  Does anyone know if you can get xenons as an after fit, as my dealer when ordering Pure told me that LR had pulled the plug on xenons on the pure.
I know it would more than likely cost more as a retro fit, but as the saying goes " I want them" they do look so good on the front with the led's

Very good question you should post its in the main forum others probably be able to help.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
13-11-2011 01:46pm
bell-auto-services

Hi All

I think it should be possibile without to much trouble, though knowing what I know about other new out Landrover models it may need an activation and some possibile simple wireing changes/modification.
As said head lamp washers of some sort will be needed to be legal. The washers dont have to be landrover washers and ive seen some very nice looking aftermarket washer jets that are probabally a fraction of the cost of landrover ones and are far far less scary and will be way simpler to fit lol.

I will swallow the wireing diagrams for the non Xenon and Xenon cars and see what wireing differences their may or may not be and report back.

If activations are needed the diagnostic function software we are woking on for the Evoque between tuning and other modifications I have planned though it is still quite some time of finished yet.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 10:06pm by bell-auto-services.)
13-11-2011 10:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

As your LRE is only sheduled for delivary in April/May 2012, why not ammend the order before build slot is allocated ? Xenons should be back (if not already) on the Pure ...

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
14-11-2011 11:57am
johnboy

(13-11-2011 01:44pm)doug Wrote:  It's not only two complete headlight units, but you will need the headlight washer jets as well (it's the law in the UK).cutting these in to the front bumper would not be a DIY job.
You would need to check that the wiring harness is the same.

Guys that was good advice and thanks, but forgot to mention I have the tech pack which will include the head light washers, as you mention about the wiring harness I hope it is the same, if not it would run into the expensive range to get it done.
Will phone LR and find out if they are going to bring Xenons back to the pure, somehow I don't think so as they want owners to move up the Prestige and dynamic to get this option. But I suppose they could not refuse after delivery if I took the car in and say fit them.
(14-11-2011 11:57am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  As your LRE is only sheduled for delivary in April/May 2012, why not ammend the order before build slot is allocated ? Xenons should be back (if not already) on the Pure ...

Just off the phone to LR, they told me that Head Office were up at dealers last week, and dealer posed the exact same question as others had been asking, Head office reply was that they are not fitting Xenons on the Pure at the moment, but that is not to say they will not in the future, dealer told me he would note it on my order and phone when the order is ready to go into the production line, so I suppose will just need to sit and wait and hope LR change their mind ??

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 04:24pm by johnboy.)
14-11-2011 03:54pm
fam1x

I spoke to LR and they also informed me that Xenon's will not be an option on the Pure at all. If you want Xenon lights you will have to order a Prestige Model.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
14-11-2011 04:49pm
vision*R

That's also what I've heard, that it would not be possible to get Xenons on a Pure at all in the near future.
You could argue Xenons is a fairly common option these days but it does fit the idea of making specific options exclusive to the Prestige or Dynamic.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
14-11-2011 04:53pm
Straydox

(13-11-2011 10:01pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Hi All

I think it should be possibile without to much trouble, though knowing what I know about other new out Landrover models it may need an activation and some possibile simple wireing changes/modification.
As said head lamp washers of some sort will be needed to be legal. The washers dont have to be landrover washers and ive seen some very nice looking aftermarket washer jets that are probabally a fraction of the cost of landrover ones and are far far less scary and will be way simpler to fit lol.

I will swallow the wireing diagrams for the non Xenon and Xenon cars and see what wireing differences their may or may not be and report back.

If activations are needed the diagnostic function software we are woking on for the Evoque between tuning and other modifications I have planned though it is still quite some time of finished yet.

Pete

Be careful here - IIRC the Regulations were updated in early 2002 specifically for Xenon fitment...from memory it is something like:

Headlamp washers are mandatory
Self levelling (to avoid dazzle)
Fail-safe operation - in the event of an accident the headlamp electricral circuits go safe because of the extremely high voltages could be lethal to rescuers.
14-11-2011 05:11pm
berlin2011

Looking online, the Xenon's are priced at £650 each ex VAT (and £750 each ex VAT for the ones with adaptive damping) and then another £155 ex VAT for the ballast. So you are looking at one very pricy upgrade £1750 - £2000 before any cost for fitting etc.

If you can't spec them on build not sure it's worth the money

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 05:33pm by berlin2011.)
14-11-2011 05:28pm