Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xenon headlights too bright?
Sarcastrix

RE: Xenon headlights too bright?

That what I do, I give 'em the full death ray treatment - no doubt blinding them in the process Snigger

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
15-04-2012 12:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PigLauncher

(15-04-2012 12:35pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  That what I do, I give 'em the full death ray treatment - no doubt blinding them in the process Snigger

Cool

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
15-04-2012 01:26pm
PhilSkill

Worth getting the level of the lights checked, even just drive up to a wall and see if they are both same level at least, as even though they are auto levelling they are still adjusted manually to the correct set point level.

Had this on my Mazda with Xenons kept getting flashed and thought it was just Xenons... only after 3 years when it went in for MOT they said your lights were set very high! After that I rarely got flashed, Manufacturers don't seem to get the level right, or if any work has been done on the front end they often don't get setup correctly again.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-04-2012 08:25pm
Coolbanana

One of the first things I noticed was how much less light the RRE puts out compared to the Discovery 4 xenons - must just be a size and height thing. Still, I've been flashed once since owning the RRE. In the Disco 4 I got flashed regularly and often returned them with the 'daylight effect' Cool

It's probably just the height of the RRE; people need to get used to SUV's / 4x4's having Xenon's just as they got used to seeing regular car's with them.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
15-04-2012 08:46pm
deadliner

(15-04-2012 12:35pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  That what I do, I give 'em the full death ray treatment - no doubt blinding them in the process Snigger

I don't think it is very wise to blind the driver of the car heading towards you. Could be deadly (literally) to both of you... Think about it next time you treat him/her with "full death ray". Wink

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
15-04-2012 08:59pm
WorldTraveler

(14-04-2012 08:41am)pinkkey Wrote:  Anyone notice that the opp drivers don like our headlight?

Maybe its too bright, this is the 4th time in 2months they flashed high beam to me...

now i am under some sort of pressure of annoying the other drivers during night time

The 4th time in 2 months ?? Now if it was on a deset highway then I would have some cause for concern, if its the M1/A1 then 4 out of 6000000 cars means that there are 4 totally anal drivers on the road Wink

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
17-04-2012 11:26am