Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xenon Headlight Beam Pattern
swiss_cheese

RE: Xenon Headlight Beam Pattern

What was the result of the test? I'm in a similar position: want to import my UK RHD into Switzerland for a year and need to know whether I need to change the headlights.

(26-10-2011 01:06pm)Plidds Wrote:  Thanks again Tim for the response.

BFGEvoqueMan; I'm taking mine for the lights test on Thursday next week and will have it checked with the UK supplied lights fitted and see what the outcome is. This may mean buying a set of LHD lights but at least I will then know. I will in the meantime check against a wall and try and post a picture and will also check the setting on the dashboard to see if you can configure for LHD or RHD and will let you know.
16-08-2012 11:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

With Halogen or non AFS Xenon you need to have the appropriate headlight for LHD or RHD as there is no flat beam option. It is the normnal 15% kick up to the right or left of the road as appropriate. Can't comment about the AFS Xenon's but suspect they fall into the normal xenon category. Trust this helps (PM if you need more detailed advice)

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
21-08-2012 08:20am
PhilSkill

Anyone know how easy are the stick on beam converters to remove from the glass lenses after they've been on a while? Without doing any damage to the lens!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-08-2012 11:23am
BFGEvoqueMan

(21-08-2012 11:23am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Anyone know how easy are the stick on beam converters to remove from the glass lenses after they've been on a while? Without doing any damage to the lens!

Bit of 3" long black tape horizontal (bottom level with the middle of the projector) will do the trick (thats £8.99 saved from the boat price). Remove with the headlight cold and remove any residue with brake degreaser or meths.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
21-08-2012 06:33pm
PhilSkill

Cheers, I have the beam converters in a euro pack already but was a bit concerned about sticking them to the lovely clear light finish when I eventually need them.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-08-2012 11:05pm
swiss_cheese

(21-08-2012 08:20am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  With Halogen or non AFS Xenon you need to have the appropriate headlight for LHD or RHD as there is no flat beam option. It is the normnal 15% kick up to the right or left of the road as appropriate. Can't comment about the AFS Xenon's but suspect they fall into the normal xenon category. Trust this helps (PM if you need more detailed advice)

Can confirm there is a difference between 'tourist' mode and something which will pass the Swiss equivalent of the MoT. This is fair enough. What is less satisfactory is that the LandRover salesperson in 'Tourist, Diplomatic and Military' Sales thought it wasn't an issue. Given that they have to manufacture cars to specific international tolerances, they ought to know what is and is not acceptable.

Anyhow, for people searching the forum in future, dedicated LHD or RHD headlights are needed for registering a car in Europe/UK.
26-09-2012 06:18pm
Wired

(26-09-2012 06:18pm)swiss_cheese Wrote:  Anyhow, for people searching the forum in future, dedicated LHD or RHD headlights are needed for registering a car in Europe/UK.

I read the manual which states the headlights are suitable for driving in the UK or continent. Does that mean I don't have to do anything for my upcoming trip to Scotland?
No menu setting? No stickers?

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
11-10-2012 12:37pm