Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xenon £705 Pure Extra
andyuk

Xenon £705 Pure Extra

Hi there I have ordered my Pure and I am debating the Xenon for £700 am I right I thinking if I ordered these i would get the LED lights as well or are the LED lights standard anyway?

Thanks
Andy
26-07-2011 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MW73

RE: Xenon £705 Pure Extra

I personally always spec xenons as they provide much brighter clearer light than normal lights and yes you get the led DRL's as standard with those. IMO definitely worth while.
26-07-2011 10:00pm
Acwats

(26-07-2011 09:55pm)andyuk Wrote:  Hi there I have ordered my Pure and I am debating the Xenon for £700 am I right I thinking if I ordered these i would get the LED lights as well or are the LED lights standard anyway?

Thanks
Andy

Andy

The Pure does have LED running lights
They are not the signature style - they are more basic than those that come with the xenons. This is confirmed by Evoqueexpert in another thread and in the handbook PDF elsewhere on this site

I have not yet seen how different they are from the xenon LEDs. If anybody can check this out on the driving days and try to get some pictures this would a big
help

For what it's worth I've got active xenons on my 5 series and haven't had the lights on for more than an hour in the past 3 months!
When they are on I'm in a street lit area or on an unlit motorway with loads of other cars and don't see the benefit. If you do a lot of rural driving I'd really consider them.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
26-07-2011 10:56pm
brommy

I've read of these 'signature style' LEDs but, like Acwats, have yet to see exactly how they differ from the standard Pure DRLs. As I don't drive in unlit areas much at all and, like most options, xenons hold little of their value when reselling, the signature style LEDs need to be pretty special!
26-07-2011 11:13pm
Blackseries

(26-07-2011 10:56pm)Acwats Wrote:  The Pure does have LED running lights
They are not the signature style - they are more basic than those that come with the xenons.

The Pure DRL's are a single (may be more but they create a single point of light) bright LED next to the headlamp.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
26-07-2011 11:13pm