Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winter tires and wheels for sale, Vancouver BC $1900
benzina

RE: Winter tires and wheels for sale, Vancouver BC $2000

(13-07-2012 09:05pm)Evoqess Wrote:  Oh no Phil - don't say those things! This is my 3rd Mazda and all have fared well through our rainy (very rare snow where I live at sea level) winters. They don't salt our roads and the baby red roadster will be sitting in a warm underground waiting for more topless driving Surprised
Am keeping it quiet, but my Evoque and I have parted ways. My next Evoque will be in about 5 years when they have sorted the reliability/mileage woes out. I'll miss it terribly in the meantime. Especially the heated steering wheel and puddle lamps ...

WOW!!! Evoqess, i just came across this. For some reason,you popped into my head as i had'nt seen you around in a while,so i did a search for your name and then found this.
I must say, of all the people to part ways with there Evoque so soon, i would never have thought it would be you.
Being as curious as i am, can you please elaborate on your reliability/mileage woes?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
04-08-2012 02:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: Winter tires and wheels for sale, Vancouver BC $2000-2200

Hey Benzina et al,
And here I was wanting to quietly slip away into the recesses of cyberspace!
I know I was a huge fan of the Evoque as my many posts attest, and this forum really was an excellent place to hang out during the delivery wait.
I was absolutely under the spell of this gorgeous car from the moment James May drove through the desert on his way to Las Vegas. Ah the Evoque - sporty, versatile - in many ways it seemed like the solution for a driving enthusiast that wanted the chance to go offroad and get away from it all.
But then, my car arrived. I live right in the city of Vancouver where my first 30-40 minutes of driving is red light after red light. With this type of stop and go and 90 percent city driving my mileage was woeful. 13-15 litres per 100km. Made me yearn for B roads or country lanes. Another point is that I found my Fuji white so exquisite I realized I wouldn't be taking it up gravel roads or past scratchy branches on single tracks for a very very long time! After all, common sense told me that a premium car had premium repair costs for bits and pieces.
I began to question whether I was a premium car buyer after all - did I fit the profile of the other customers I'd seen at the dealership. Über wealthy foreigners attracted to the status of the brand milled about me as I drooled over the cheaper Evoque. I knew in an instant they would never bat an eyelid at the repair bills or even the cost of an oil change. But I would. I was tapping deep into my financial reserves to get this vehicle (although I am not a brain surgeon I am one of the team that discovers you have the problem in the first place!) - and it was never to be a status symbol, as my peers still see Landrover as an example of excess (large vehicles to safely get the kids to school) with a dubious reliability record). After a few months, when the honeymoon began to dwindle for the above reasons, I also started focussing on how I felt behind the wheel.

I loved the comfort. The bright interior and how the wheel warmed my hands and the puddle lamp allowed a safe departure at night. I felt coddled and special. Yet just a bit detached from the fact that I was driving a car!

To be continued......

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-08-2012 04:24am
benzina

Wanting to quietly slip away into cyberspace hey....just when you think your out,they pull you back in Very Happy
Ah o.k. that all makes some sense to me now. xx

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 06:23am by benzina.)
05-08-2012 04:59am
Evoqess

Around the time of my questionings - I continued to read the forum and listen to the posts about both minor quibbles and major issues. I think I did have an epiphany that "premium" does not equal quality or even longevity - just that there is a badge with history, nicely stitched leather and a whole number of people willing to tolerate imperfections. Basically the wealthy enjoy the new product, with a free service and decent warranty - then later the repairs come along, crippling to the wallet of some poor fool second or third owner. Sadly I am neither wealthy nor want to be that fool - and as much as I love cars I do have to leave the premium brands well alone. The hefty devaluation of both my last two Audi's and then the Evoque taught me that. Yes, even the Evoque, the rare beast that it is - devalued by 23% after four months. You read right! At trade in the disturbing fact is that whether it was a Pure or Premium or dynamic did not matter in the least - just that it was a Fuji White, 5 door with pano roof. Can you believe that - the Canadian market sounds very different to that in Europe Sad

Quite fortunately, and by chance - I discovered a better match.......for me that is!
I sat in one at our local auto show, then went to the dealership for one of the extended overnight tests. Bliss. Folding hard top folding away revealing the sky and a nice set of winding roads. Exhaust note humming away making you not even care what the hifi sounds like. No sat Nav to distract you. Just a pure driving experience and an elation that the Evoque never provided. If you have never driven a Miata then I hope you stopped reading a few sentences ago.
I'm thinking about what I've written. It's taken some time to write it - I mean, it's like coming back to an old lover and saying this and that about why you were drawn to them in the first place. Their looks and the way they took your breath away etc. Yet, someone else has arrived on the scene. The Miata is a crazy good car, beautifully balanced, reliable. I look good in it, according to people that matter. It just seems to fit. In the winter I'll add some winter tires and it will do well but really, I don't need to drive if there is snow. One of my jobs is a block away.
I still remember my Evoque fondly. I wrench my neck if one passes by. It's a stunning car. I wish I could afford to have one as a second car. I wish it had better mileage for us city folk. I wish Landrover didn't over charge for the car (it is overpriced, we all know that!). I even think that I might have made an error in my spec - because I like spirited driving the Dynamic might have been a better choice, but in the end I would have lost more money on a two door so will leave that thought alone!
You are all lucky to have one - to be able to afford and enjoy such a stunning car. I won't call my purchase a mistake, just a pricey lesson Smile

(05-08-2012 04:59am)benzina Wrote:  Wanting to quietly slip away into cyberspace hey....just when you think your out,they pull you back in Surprised
Ah o.k. that all makes some sense to me now. xx

Very Happy
Oh I wasn't ever far away, I still love checking out the pics that are posted and reading the excitement of the new owners.
I know I'll miss the Evoque on many a rainy winters night when I want to feel cocooned and safe Sad
I'm jealous of you Benzina as I type - but if my situation changes later on in life (live in the country) I would JUMP at the chance to buy another Evoque with the newer fuel efficient engine (2020) Wink
You might be onto your third by then *hugz*

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 05:18am by Evoqess.)
05-08-2012 05:07am
benzina

You articulate beautifully...it's always a pleasure reading your posts Evoqess, i can tell you are a thinker.Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 01:38pm by benzina.)
05-08-2012 06:36am
Daigriff

What a great couple of posts Evoquess.

I haven't got a clue what a Miata is but am glad you are happy, because that's all that matters in the end.

Sorry to see that the residuals are poor over there as they seem to be holding up well here...at the moment.

Some days I wonder whether to change back to a larger SUV which I have always had, but am pleasantly surprised by the comfort and refinement (and build quality) so am keeping for the time being.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
05-08-2012 01:36pm
Evoqess

RE: Winter tires and wheels for sale, Vancouver BC $1950

****NEW PRICE****

I saw a cobweb on one of these the other day. Time to reduce the price to $ 1950 as soon I'll have to get some winter tires for the new car! Very Happy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 05:00am by Evoqess.)
04-12-2012 04:55am
Easty

Re: RE: Winter tires and wheels for sale, Vancouver BC $2000-2200

(05-08-2012 01:36pm)Daigriff Wrote:  What a great couple of posts Evoquess.

I haven't got a clue what a Miata

Maxda Mx5 NA name.

Great write up. And you cannot beat a roadster. Ill be keeping my slk for sunny drivres and the odd trackday. Smile
04-12-2012 08:39pm
Evo-king

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, cars can be very emotive, in terms of buying decisions, sometimes the heart rules over practicality.

However, I pleased for you that you have a car that suits you.

Don't be a stranger Evoqess.

Your comments and posts make for a good read.

Take care.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-12-2012 09:57pm