Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EU’s MoT war on our cars
cutter7

EU’s MoT war on our cars

EUROCRATS want to ban Brits from pimping up their cars with bigger alloys, better brakes — or any modification at all.
A crackpot plot revealed yesterday will see motors fail the MoT unless they are exactly the same as when they left the factory.

Outraged hobbyists branded it a threat to thousands of jobs. And classic car fans — whose vehicles rarely sport all their original parts — fear they will be forced off the road.
The Department for Transport has already asked 240 individuals and organisations for feedback on the plan. The Association of Car Enthusiasts warned of “massive implications”.
Spokesman Barry Cornes said: “Lots of older cars underwent modifications like brake lights and wipers to make them safer. They would be illegal.”

The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs said it was “unacceptable”. More than 28,000 work in the UK’s historic car industry. The DfT said it would “seek to minimise” the impact...Crying

07-09-2012 10:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: EU’s MoT war on our cars

I have heard about this rediculous idea on the Maestro/Montego & other MGR forums. What rubbish will they think of next - Utter idiots over there. We may as well be communist.

For one item alone it would put all alloy wheel manufacturers/outlets out of business - Total lunes these folk.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 03:08pm by The Valeter.)
07-09-2012 03:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

The Government has been drawing up its own plans to exempt classic cars from the MoT test altogether.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news...-cars.html

07-09-2012 05:13pm
Tony

(07-09-2012 03:06pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I have heard about this rediculous idea on the Maestro/Montego & other MGR forums. What rubbish will they think of next - Utter idiots over there. We may as well be communist.

For one item alone it would put all alloy wheel manufacturers/outlets out of business - Total lunes these folk.

Well I have been looking for a tax exempt MGB or Series LandRover to tinker with in my retirement, I may now just put that project on hold to see how this pans out.

EU = xxxxxxx!

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
08-09-2012 11:43am
SiT

Maybe it's about time we had a vote on euro bureaucracy and meddling once and for all...
09-09-2012 06:58pm
Griff449

Well I know how I would vote.........

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
09-09-2012 07:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(09-09-2012 07:12pm)Griff449 Wrote:  Well I know how I would vote.........

+1

Every time Greece, Spain or Italy is mentioned on the news my pension investment takes a nose dive!

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
09-09-2012 07:24pm