20-07-2011 03:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueboy

RE: Autocar ..... Evoque vs Rivals

(20-07-2011 03:25pm)doug Wrote:  
(20-07-2011 09:55am)evoqueboy Wrote:  The Evoque won! Smile

Is that it.

Will have to go out & buy a copy now.

They say the engine could have been better. It beat everything on looks alone including an Audi A5! The drive was very good but as an everyday they preferred the x1. I presume that's because of the engine power. The Infiniti EX was just there to show up as they needed more so called competition! Lol
20-07-2011 04:25pm
Gorjan

So this shows that the Evoque wins just for it's style and looks. Otherwise both the ugly X1 and the sleek A5 have beaten it...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
20-07-2011 06:06pm
Blackseries

(20-07-2011 06:06pm)Gorjan Wrote:  So this shows that the Evoque wins just for it's style and looks. Otherwise both the ugly X1 and the sleek A5 have beaten it...

I too am looking forward to some non UK reviews - but the Autocar review is really quite truthful - objectively others cars are better in some technical areas but very few cars at this price point are bought because you need them. They are bought because you want them..... and for whatever reason if you connect with the Evoque ... you just want it. Its sort of the iPad factor. Do you need it ....probably not...... do you want it .... yes I do. I could spend less money on an X1 or Q3 or the same amount on an X3, A5 or Q5 (they are offering 10%+ discounts now so someone is desperate) or a used X6 .... but they would all feel second best.... and I haven’t even driven the Evoque yet! There will come a point when the Evoque is just another car ..... but at the moment it feels like it is the ONLY car and unfortunately for its rivals they are all just jostling for second place.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
20-07-2011 09:28pm
Ezandania

Yeah...agreed with Blackseries comments, the Evoque follows the Apple marketing concept...it may not be the most powerful or most spacious, but it wins on pure desirability and overall driving experience/ambience (feel good factors)

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
11-08-2011 11:24pm
vision*R

(20-07-2011 06:06pm)Gorjan Wrote:  So this shows that the Evoque wins just for it's style and looks. Otherwise both the ugly X1 and the sleek A5 have beaten it...

I don't see why you keep repeating this. Its style is certainly a big selling point, but it's not like everything else on the Evoque is worthless. No other car comes close to the efficiency of BMW's engines these days, yet I wouldn't want the ugly X1 even if it were for free. "Style and looks" also means interior quality, comfort, multimedia features etc. which are really excellent in the Evoque. If you want a boring car with a wonderful engine, go for the BMW indeed.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 08:15am by vision*R.)
12-08-2011 08:08am