Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where's Evo Been?
PhilSkill

RE: Where's Evo Been?

Hi

Yes I was lucky my 2 full size cases fitted perfectly with 1 tranversly and the other longditudinally. (thats sideways and front to back for cjfp Laughing ) Then the smaller bags fitted nicely in the remaining spaces, I did choose the luggage based on the fit in the boot before packing Smile

MPG was a bit hit and miss especially as so very flat, the trip over from UK, thru tunnel, France and Belgium, drving swiftly in UK and more conservatibely into Belgium, gave 40mpg.

The Driving around holland was similar on the motorways at 110kph (75mph) but once into the country where you have to slow for cyclists and quite a few speed humps towns etc it dropped to 38 mpg, as a bit more stop start and more stops for views etc.

Driving home was on 120kph (80mph) Motorways, and a 1/2 hours Queue on M25 round Leatherhead gave 36.8mpg.

Weather was great Mark, last Weekend hit 31deg, car gave 38deg reading after being parked outside for the day!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 02:09pm by PhilSkill.)
17-09-2012 02:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

The trip started with a 2.5 hour journey to the Channel Tunnel, Delayed due to customs and the Olympic traffic returning back to Europe, like the Italian boats on trailers.

Was put in the large vehicle carriages which was handy.

Had a little moment when some horrible metallic rattling noise started, got a bit concerned (well it is a Land Rover feeling came over me) then thought it may be the lorry flat bed ahead of me, backed off, and the noise got quieter.. so passed it and it was definietly the lorry... Laughing

Driving into the centre of Gent in rush hour was an Experience, being hounded every direction by cyclists, Trams and buses! fortunately managed to get into the Hotel Car Park before checking in and get a nice private garage to park the in, the hotel reception asked the car was put in the Public car park next door as they had an event on... like that was going to happen Whistle.

Driving on into the Netherlands and got into a convoy with a Black Pure Evoque north of Antwerp after a few miles he turned off and waved!

Changed the DAB countryl to NDL and re-auto tuned, worked perfectly.

I have to say the Nav was excellent, I know people prefer Tom Tom etc but it really did the trick nicely, love the distance marker to junctions and even teh little round about symbol changes to the other rotation, just a bit slow actually entering in destinations, but happily found all locations in the Netherlands, but had the first real quirk... Audio was off, but suddely started getting a glitch on the sound system followed by the Nav resetting back to the Home Screen, just pressed nav again but a few minutes later it would do the same repeatedly. All fine after a Stop and reset.

One thing I find annoying is you cant seem to stop the Nav asking you to re-route, cant find a menu item that does it, its a pain when you want to ignore it, as it keeps coming up.

Took a while to realise the Units setting of the Trip changes the Digital Speedo Display to show KPH rather MPH.

As the Temps reached 31deg I found the Pano roof blind was generally closed the whole trip, only when it cooled later in the trip was it opened again.

Had a hiccup with the Tail Gate, after repacking it gave a beep and didn't close, I re-opened using the fey fob and closed again giving it a little helping hand on close... fine, until next time I re-opened it, the close button did not work and I had to close manually. Again after a reset all was fine again.

The Car still got quite a bit of attention, as I guess not so many around, only saw 3 in total in Holland and none in Belgium. Even the Tunnel Passport control attendant was asking what it was like and was it my first Range Rover, said it was growing on him...!

Have to say I love the Dynamic standard seats, I could drive for four+ hours solidly and get out without a single ache or stiff joint, never had a car I can drive like this for this long, and still not want to stop. I found the Lumbar goes out much further than you think too, just keep holding the button, and keep holding it.

Never used Dynamic mode once... would almost be unpolite to in rural Holland everyone drives much more sedately, and was enjoying cruising around too much.

Drove the Afslutsdijk, a 30Km Causeway that keeps the sea out of the Zuidersee man made sea, and there's not even a toll charge!

Passed another black Evoque going thru the Tulip fields north east of Amsterdam, they also waved, much more friendly!

Finally returned to the UK and it's pot holed roads, poor driving with the BMW/Audi I must go faster than you attitude... So different to the polite no you go first attitude of the Dutch (obviously with the odd exception). Funny as you approached the Tunnel again suddenly the Mad english drivers started carrering passed you at break neck speed.. Louts... Laughing And the M25 Sad

Got the large vehicle carriages again on return so never found out how big it felt in the normal car sized carriages.

A full valet yesterday and not a stone chip, other than a mark on the low black dynamic front valence, which is going to take all the knocks, and should be easily repaintable after a few years. Even Managed to get a second coat of gTechniq C6 Matte dash on.

38mpg overall... not too bad, although this is the flattest country going, so no hills and would have liked a bit more.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
17-09-2012 06:17pm
PhilSkill

Having just got the Credit card bill for the trip, the Fuel to fill up in UK £64, Holland £44... good ole rip off UK.

25-09-2012 07:18pm
cjfp

Oi - I've just noticed that I have been 'dissed' - you just wait ...

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-09-2012 08:26pm
PhilSkill

Laughing Thought that went unnoticed! Sorry couldn't resist Mr. Green

25-09-2012 09:52pm
THEMACS

(25-09-2012 07:18pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Having just got the Credit card bill for the trip, the Fuel to fill up in UK £64, Holland £44... good ole rip off UK.

£64 to fill up in the uk??? Where is this mysterious fuel station where is is a £1 a litre??

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
25-09-2012 09:55pm
PhilSkill

Ok true, I always fill up before it's fully empty.

25-09-2012 10:13pm